Homebrew Tinker [Shuffle/Menuhax Theme Manager]

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on a 10.3 OLD JP 3ds and I also get a bottom really screen for some reason... I decided to try this since CHMM2 also kept giving me the same with hopes of finally having customs themes, but oh well...
A bottom red screen? Did you try the fix for Japanese consoles posted in the OP?

Xross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, don't know then. If it's happening with CHMM2 as well then it's probably an issue with lpp-3ds.
Just thought ld lt you know that it worked on my NJP3DS (didn't want to homebrew it before), but not my OJP3DS! CHMM2 still doesn't work, so I'm glad I can use this app, thank you! Some themes don't show up on the Tinker menu, but I'm guessing that's the themes fault, right? Like I have 3 in the SD card (in the themes folder each with a separate folder), but only one shows up lol

Last edited by Xross,

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought ld lt you know that it worked on my NJP3DS (didn't want to homebrew it before), but not my OJP3DS! CHMM2 still doesn't work, so I'm glad I can use this app, thank you!
I'm glad you managed to get it working on your N3DS at least. Shame it doesn't work on the O3DS, sorry about that.

Some themes don't show up on the Tinker menu, but I'm guessing that's the themes fault, right? Like I have 3 in the SD card (in the themes folder each with a separate folder), but only one shows up lol
This I should actually be able to help with! Tinker gets themes by looping through all the folders in the /Themes/ folder and checking if they have a body_LZ.bin file. If the theme is missing this file then Tinker drops it because that's a necessary file for theme installation. Also, do your themes have .smdh files?

Xross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad you managed to get it working on your N3DS at least. Shame it doesn't work on the O3DS, sorry about that.

This I should actually be able to help with! Tinker gets themes by looping through all the folders in the /Themes/ folder and checking if they have a
I think they look the same, but here to can see for you

This I should actually be able to help with! Tinker gets themes by looping through all the folders in the /Themes/ folder and checking if they have a body_LZ.bin file. If the theme is missing this file then Tinker drops it because that's a necessary file for theme installation. Also, do your themes have .smdh files?
They both look the same except one doesn't have bgm, could that be it? Either way the for all the help! It's just a couple of themes anyway lol

Last edited by Xross,

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
They both look the same except one doesn't have bgm, could that be it? Either way the for all the help! It's just a couple of themes anyway lol
Could you send me the themes via PM? I can take a look and see what the problem is.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! and perfect how it only works on SysNAND, i already use CHMM2 for EmuNAND :P

Edit: i would say hooray for a .3ds file, buti only install .cias to my EmuNAND XD (easy to convert)

Edit2: a good idea for a feature would be to let us pick out a specific Body_LZ and a specific bgm.bcstm (like from different themes) so we wouldnt have to eject our SD card or use an FTP to reorganize

Last edited by Ricken,

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! and perfect how it only works on SysNAND, i already use CHMM2 for EmuNAND :P

Edit: i would say hooray for a .3ds file, buti only install .cias to my EmuNAND XD (easy to convert)

Edit2: a good idea for a feature would be to let us pick out a specific Body_LZ and a specific bgm.bcstm (like from different themes) so we wouldnt have to eject our SD card or use an FTP to reorganize
Apparently the .3ds/.cia are not working unfortunately. I don't have the expertise to troubleshoot them. I've pretty much stopped working on Tinker because most people have downgraded and CHMM2 has Menuhax support now. If you'd like to reorganise without use of a PC, I'd suggest taking a look at CTRXplorer or one of the other file managers. They come in .cia and .3dsx format and are super handy when you just wanna move stuff around.

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the .3ds/.cia are not working unfortunately. I don't have the expertise to troubleshoot them. I've pretty much stopped working on Tinker because most people have downgraded and CHMM2 has Menuhax support now. If you'd like to reorganise without use of a PC, I'd suggest taking a look at CTRXplorer or one of the other file managers. They come in .cia and .3dsx format and are super handy when you just wanna move stuff around.
welp, that'll give me something to do tomorrow :P (those suggestions and seeing what happens when i convert the .3ds file) Thanks!

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
May I use this to apply legit themes (non-cia format) to my 10.5 sysnand ? My entry point is menuhax by holding the L button wich was installed trough oothax.

I know I can do it with CHMM2, but this one looks cooler ^^'

Pip'

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I use this to apply legit themes (non-cia format) to my 10.5 sysnand ? My entry point is menuhax by holding the L button wich was installed trough oothax.

I know I can do it with CHMM2, but this one looks cooler ^^'

Pip'
if you can find the themes, it should work (looks at sig) lol

Sparkles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought ld lt you know that it worked on my NJP3DS (didn't want to homebrew it before), but not my OJP3DS! CHMM2 still doesn't work, so I'm glad I can use this app, thank you! Some themes don't show up on the Tinker menu, but I'm guessing that's the themes fault, right? Like I have 3 in the SD card (in the themes folder each with a separate folder), but only one shows up lol

Did you do anything special to get it working? CHMM2 and Tinker are the only two homebrew apps that hang on a red bottom screen on my JP N3DS. I'm going crazy because I can seem to get it going (yes tried the file in OP).

Purple Mudkip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It only works on my Sysnand , when i open RxTools it loads without theme :(

I tried runing RxTools first and then HBL to see if it worked that way it "Installed succesfully" but when i booted RxTools it froze in a red screen so i had to restart the 3DS, when i checked it was still themeless.

Last edited by Purple Mudkip,

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It only works on my Sysnand , when i open RxTools it loads without theme :(

I tried runing RxTools first and then HBL to see if it worked that way it "Installed succesfully" but when i booted RxTools it froze in a red screen so i had to restart the 3DS, when i checked it was still themeless.
Wow, if only there was some sort of message regarding this in the OP...

BakerFalcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got Tinker, I got themes, I press A to install, but when it takes me to menuhax, there is no option to install themes. Im using menuhax 3.0. Please help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay