1. HeatherineDreamer

OP HeatherineDreamer Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello, I'm pretty new still to using custom firmware and the like on my switch, and I just got a second SD Card so I could download more games. I have set up all the custom firmware on the new SD Card, and I'm having a problem I had with my very first SD Card, that eventually just seemed to fix itself. Basically I go to open up the tinfoil installer and it just closes immediately and doesn't install it. It's probably a problem on my end, I'm wondering how I may be able to fix this?

2. pin

pin GBAtemp Regular

try this http://www.unders-domain.online/downloads.html

3. Dark Ronin

Dark Ronin GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    Classic tinfoil won't install if you load Atmosphere with hekate or fusee-secondary. Only by using fusee-primary with proper sigpatches you can force tinfoil to run.

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Just use Awoo Installer instead.

5. heganovicgamer

Newcomer

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    So my switch turned off and I accidentally deleted chat where a guy that sold me said to do when that happens and I don't have his number. I searched everywhere online but I can't find how to turn it back on...

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You probably have AutoRCM installed. Connect the Switch to your computer and send a payload to it using something like TegraRcmGUI to send a payload to the system. If you're using Atmosphere, make sure the Atmosphere files are up to date on your SD card and send the latest fusee-primary.bin using TegraRcmGUI.

7. Pgdollar88

Pgdollar88 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I'm still having issues getting the Tinfoil installer to run. I just updated the Tinfoil files on the SD card, booted into Atmosphere, and clicked install. Now I have a blank tile with a spinning symbol in the middle (like where a game tile would be). I tried deleting it from data management, but I'm still getting a blank tile and "could not start the app." Any advice? I'd love to NOT have to delete everything and start over.

Last edited by Pgdollar88, Jan 28, 2021
  8. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Are you using the proper signature patches? You didn't provide a lot of information.

9. Pgdollar88

Pgdollar88 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sorry about that. I am new to all of this and was not sure what information was needed. I likely was not using the proper signature patches. I followed a new tutorial online that directed me to the most update sig patches, and Tinfoil successfully installed.

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Do you know if the console has AutoRCM enabled?

11. celinedrules

celinedrules Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It did the same for me but then I realized that it did work. If you look on the home screen there will be a new tile there for tinfoil.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Installer, Tinfoil, Working