Timesplitters Rewind In Development For PS4

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What time is it? Why, it's time to split!

TimeSplitters Rewind, a collection of maps, weapons and characters from the three previous TimeSplitters titles in the series, is in development for PlayStation 4 systems by a team of around 35 part-time developers, project lead Michael Hubricka told CinemaBlend.

However, this doesn't mean the multiplayer title, which is powered by CryEngine 3, will necessary make it to retail. According to Hubricka, the development team is working to obtain approval from Crytek's legal department in order to release the game on Sony's console.

"We're actually going to go ahead and start development [of Timesplitters Rewind] on PlayStation 4. Just because we're pretty confident Crytek's going to say go ahead and do it. But we don't want them saying go ahead and do it when we're caught with our pants down and we're like halfway through development and [then] start something for the PlayStation 4," he said.
:arrow:Polygon

FSYtPVz.gif

Sometimes words fail me. Sometimes I am lost as to how to convey my excitement and joy through text alone. In those times, I use this gif.

Megafans, take your Mighty No. Whine elsewhere. A playable alpha for Timesplitters Rewind will be released later this year for all members/squires/hanger-ons of the PC Gaming Master Race™.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I look forward to seeing how this plays out. Loved all the Timesplitters games and would have liked to see them continue this gen instead of that Haze garbage.
Hopefully next gen shall see the return of this great franchise!

Reactions: Gahars

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been watching this project since it was still an Unreal Tournament mod. Now, I worry that this arrangement may impact development to be PS4-centric, possibly catering towards that system's audience and demands, rather than appealing to the core audience of TimeSplitters fans and remaining somewhat neutral on the PC front.

Then again, PR for the dev team already stated that they would much prefer to live on donations while working on the game; if they can be paid for their work, they probably don't care as much what comes out as a final product.

luigiman1928

Most original Custom Title
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
post is 10/10 would read again.

Really excited for this, I loved Timesplitters, I remember playing Future Perfect with my friends all the time

EDIT: Also no plans for XBone lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality