Android Time for a Nintendo Focused launcher?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given that we have this recent influx of Nintendo games on smart devices and how awesome DS games look on a standard Android launcher, is it time that Nintendo or some other developer made a dedicated Nintendo styled launcher? I don't own a 3DS but at this point my phone has now become my current Nintendo portable. I'm actually making a game focused user on my Moto G3 for the sake of seeing how games would look via TV Launcher. I'll try to post pics as soon as I get time. As always, feel free to share your thoughts with me :)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, here's something I was able to come up with over the course of last week.

WvCMQ9a.png

I'm using TV Launcher. Some of these icons were made by other people a while back. Most of the icons I am using come from cropping game logos from their box arts. This launcher works perfectly with a controller. I use my MOGA controller in B-mode to navigate this menu. I have the following sections created

* Nintendo Mobile: For Nintendo mobile releases and a few Android titles that are usually associated with Nintendo portables (hence Yo-Kai watch.
* Nintendo DS
* GameBoy Advanced'
* Google Play Games
* Media - YouTube and Google Play Music goes here
* Utilities

My next goals will be to...

1) add web links to the Splatoon match maker, Miiverse, Play Nintendo and My Nintendo. I might stick it all in a section called Nintendo Network

2) Finish up my game icons

3) Background music for my launcher. -and ONLY my launcher.

My wishlist for this project includes...

- Hope that someone would release a Wii Classic Controller styled Bluetooth controller with a phone grip (That would really complete the "Nintendo feeling". I guess I could simply use a Wii U Pro Controller but I cant seem to find a Smartphone clamp that would work well. Also I have a feeling that the pro controller is bigger than my MOGA which doesn't help with portability.

-Also hoping that someone would copy the 3DS or Switch keyboard and make a Android keyboard that looks like one of them.

Last edited by LightyKD,
Reactions: Rizzorules

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: