Hardware Thoughts about the Nintendo Switch reveal

Bosshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, it was not as great as I wanted it to be. But I'll buy the switch, for the same reason that made me buy my Wii U : I don't own a lot of games but the one I got are just awesome.

I'm really hyped for Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade Chronicle 2.

The only really problem for me is the cost of the switch : around 470€ if you want to play correctly (330€ for the switch, 70€ for the pro controller and 70€ maybe 60€ for Zelda)

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been hyped for the event. Me and a couple of online friends chatted and watched the reveal together..And I must say, I wasn't impressed as I thought I'd be. The paid online service sort of turned me off, along with the game where you play without the screen and all the small gimmicks. But there were a few cool things, like the games. My gosh, the games! The new mario game, shin megami, skyrim. They were all good. Including no more heroes 3. I want so bad.

What are your thoughts? Was it everything you had hoped for?
My thoughts are as follows...THEY HAVE HAD 3 YEARS SINCE THE LAST MARIO KART AND THE BEST THEY COULD DO IS A RERUN OF MARIO KART 8, JUST MORE CHARACTERS AND MAPS AND A GAME MODE! But Super Mario Odyssey looks dope

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So disapointed i will change my avatar !
Too expansive (ps4 is cheaper) 350€ with 1 game... wait for bundle
Mario in real world ? At the end of the year....WTF ?!
Mario kart "enhanced", with battle mode... are you kidding ?
5 games at launch lol !
720p tablet 7" Worth 150€, with 2 to 5 hours (more probably 2) battery Life....

I bought all Nintendo consoles so far..... But definitevly not this one

So disapointed and the market too : -7%

250€ (Rumors), i would have buy

Sheikah Impa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So disapointed i will change my avatar !
Too expansive (ps4 is cheaper) 350€ with 1 game... wait for bundle
Mario in real world ? At the end of the year....WTF ?!
Mario kart "enhanced", with battle mode... are you kidding ?
5 games at launch lol !
720p tablet 7" Worth 150€, with 2 to 5 hours (more probably 2) battery Life....

I bought all Nintendo consoles so far..... But definitevly not this one

So disapointed and the market too : -7%

250€ (Rumors), i would have buy
Yep, was a little upset it wasn't 250 like the rumors were saying. Probably more deserving of that price considering it doesn't look like a full home console.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fell asleep :(

But did wake up around 6am and preorder my switch. Gamestop seems to be sold out of the normal bundles so got the grey, zelda, 1in 2 bundles thing.

Will watch the recording of the event in a bit

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The wrist strap must be amazing. They spent a minute or two showing it off.

That was a terrible showing.

Overpriced

Pathetic new switch games - 1,2 switch and Arms. Yay we get a $1 app store game being sold at $70 and wii boxing as a full game. Wii boxing was probably the worst sport out of the collection and they chose that one to make as a full game??? Terrible.

Mario in the real world??? Does Sonic 06 ring any bells??? That looked terrible having a mascot mixing with realistic humans and Mario is no different.

A bunch of shifty 3rd party games. Amazing 5yr old skyrim is coming!!!! Yay. A gimped version of Fifa. And a bunch of other crap no one cares about.

Paid online??? Hey, if everyone else is, why not?

Zelda looked good. But I suspect it will follow the ridged zelda formula we have played already many times over.

If I had Nintendo shares they would have been sold 1/3 of the way through that conference.

I suspect whoever translated that conference only learned Japanese last week as he was terrible.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everythings way too fucking expensive.
The console, first off.
The games. Who the fuck is gonna pay 60 dollars for arms or 1-2 switch? They'll both be absolute fucking failures, one of which ISNT EVEN AT LAUNCH.
Also 99 for the special edition zelda? Really? Fuck off nintendo, P5 got more stuff than you for 10 dollars less.
I really want the special edition, but no way am i paying 100 dollars for a game, and not even getting my mothers worth.
Dont even get me started on the damn joycons.. 8 0 d o l l a r s. Why?

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ don't forget the paid online!
YEAH, SERIOUSLY. Sony and xbox have stupid online games like cod and shit that they can get away with robbing their cosumers for. Nintendo, you do not. Youve got splatoon that ill pick up for like 2 days in a week and thats it. Not even mario kart tbh. The only game i can think of with great online is monsterhunter, and smash, but id be f*cked if i had to pay for it.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Err..yeah...no. Keep your console Nintendo. I don't need a dust collector.

It took the Wii U YEARS to get a somewhat half-baked library and they pull the same shit with the Switch. By the time you get the games that look interesting there's either gonna be a decent bundle or you get the console second-hand from a guy that bought the console for his children and they stopped playing after one week due to the lack of games and he's desperate enough to get at least some cash back.

The controller prices are a mad joke. The day I willingly pay a third-ish of the consoles price to play local, is the day someone can visit me in a retirement home because I've gone mental.

Unless they fixed the camera angle, I'm not interested in Splatoon 2. The first one triggered my motion sickness so badly, that I'm done with any gimmicks Nintendo deems to be fun.

That online service has to be hella impressive, otherwise offline play is the way to go.

No reasonable release date for Dragon Quest, SMT or XBC 2. The Graphics don't look impressive either and unless the rumor about being able to upgrade game versions like Mario Kart if you turn your Wii U version in comes through, I'm not getting the console any time soon nor will I buy games twice.

Last edited by LysergCooltyp,
Reactions: Bladexdsl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning