This Nintendo Switch launch defect compilation video is terrifying

You know what they say: never buy a console out of launch. But some of us just can't resist, right? Screw it I'm getting one... wait! maybe not.

This video provides visual proof of a variety of problems people are having across the globe. We hope these early adopters will be able to get their consoles replaced or fixed quick!

Also, not visible in the video: 1.99 million other consoles working normally

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is funny to me, is most of these "problems" are covered by the electronics return policy at almost every retail store. Especially since it's happening to most day one or two, return your defective console and pick up a new one. It isn't that hard.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Shokio's Switch was making really weird noises so watch at your own will. It may sound scary, creepy and dangerous.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is funny to me, is most of these "problems" are covered by the electronics return policy at almost every retail store. Especially since it's happening to most day one or two, return your defective console and pick up a new one. It isn't that hard.
Yes that is hard. No fucking stock. That is the real day 1 problem.
You may get your money back, you may need to wait a month. But you just can't pick a new one.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that is hard. No fucking stock. That is the real day 1 problem.
You may get your money back, you may need to wait a month. But you just can't pick a new one.
And the same happened for the thousands on ps4 that couldn't play, and couldn't get a new one right away. But that wasn't bad, it's only bad when Nintendo do does it. Also, they will get a swap out or a newer console faster returning, than they would send it in to Nintendo directly. If you think otherwise, you just talking out your backside. Every console has had this same problem. People only diss on Nintendo when it happens, because that's the cool thing to do.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And the same happened for the thousands on ps4 that couldn't play, and couldn't get a new one right away. But that wasn't bad, it's only bad when Nintendo do does it. Also, they will get a swap out or a newer console faster returning, than they would send it in to Nintendo directly. If you think otherwise, you just talking out your backside. Every console has had this same problem. People only diss on Nintendo when it happens, because that's the cool thing to do.
Exactly, that is what I've been saying the whole thread. Day 1 problems, in this case they seem they could be as bad as the RRoD.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joycon issues maybe. But in reality that seems to be an oversight hat can be easily fixed later on. I'm just sick of the no vc (which is an intentional thing to not upset 3rd party developers off the bat again [proof is there has already been talk about gamecube seen working by people on there]), the Joycon oversight or even these other malfunctions that dont seem to be software problem but more malfunctions as a "they rushed this". We knew about NX for over a year before it was even revealed, it wasn't rushed.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Joycon issues maybe. But in reality that seems to be an oversight hat can be easily fixed later on. I'm just sick of the no vc (which is an intentional thing to not upset 3rd party developers off the bat again [proof is there has already been talk about gamecube seen working by people on there]), the Joycon oversight or even these other malfunctions that dont seem to be software problem but more malfunctions as a "they rushed this". We knew about NX for over a year before it was even revealed, it wasn't rushed.
Buying a new gaming system to play old games just seems like a really awkward plan.

Reactions: osaka35

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying a new gaming system to play old games just seems like a really awkward plan.
VC on launch inteferes with other possible title purchases. Since a lot might buy a switch, then Zelda and a bunch of VC, instead of Zelda and possibly 3rd party games. It's why spatlooon 2 and mario kart 8 deluxe aren'the launch titles. To not flood the market with Nintendo Ips immediately and give third party developers games a chance to get purchased as well. It's called Marketing.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake
S

Saiyan Lusitano

VC on launch inteferes with other possible title purchases. Since a lot might buy a switch, then Zelda and a bunch of VC, instead of Zelda and possibly 3rd party games. It's why spatlooon 2 and mario kart 8 deluxe aren'the launch titles. To not flood the market with Nintendo Ips immediately and give third party developers games a chance to get purchased as well. It's called Marketing.
At the same time it's not leaving customers with a lot of choices. It's either Zelda.. or nothing. I honestly couldn't care less about VC because if I wanted to play old games I'd just play them anywhere else.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update on my issues:

Joyless Cons: Still problems if held behind my back but fine otherwise. I was playing with the straps a bit and if I slide them on backwards they do get stuck but if i pull out the little locking tab they slide right off requiring just slightly more effort. I understand this may not work for everyone, but I messed with them multiple times and had no problems getting them unstuck as long as that tab was pulled out. I wonder if the confusion arises because the black button is required to remove the Joyless Con from the Tablet but the straps have the locking tab.

Wifi: I had written of 5Ghz at some point in the past but tried it this morning and the Switch and all my mobile devices are doing great on it in every room in the house. 40-50Mbps down and 8-9Mbps up on the Switch. The problem my 2014 Vizio TVs do not seem to recognize 5Ghz (but fine with powerline) and cant test my son's Chromebook until later.

Edit: Ah crap. Looks like the N3DS does not do 5Ghz. Neither does my printer but can hard wire that, but Chromebook does work. Looks like I will have to wait and see if Nintendo fixes 2.4Ghz or have to get a new router. Stupid Arris box only does one or the other and I cant even put in bridged mode.

Last edited by thorasgar,
Reactions: Cortador

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, not visible in the video: 1.99 million other consoles working normally

So much this! Even revised models will have their problems on their own (but these problems won't be exaggerated like in this video, because the initial hype will be gone), do you think you are safe from defective units if you wait for more than a year for f.e. a "Switch Slim"? If you want a Switch right now, buy it! If you can wait, wait for better games and a better price. But don't let you scare by an exaggerated defect compilation. Tbh, we could create an defect compilation for every hardware which is out right now. For example:

Last edited by DarkOrb,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So... Saturn restocked... Yes, they did... Yes, they did!
I welcome myself to the Beta Tester Program!!!

(still haven't even it out of the box... I wonder if it will even turn on)

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps the fact that the Switch so hard to get right now is a good thing.
Give Ninty a chance to fix it. The first Xbox 360s had some flaws but those were solved in later revisions.
Maybe we'll only have to establish a "Beware of V1.0 models" warning.
LOL "some flaws" the first 360's had a failure rate over 50%

WAY more than a "small flaw"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If there were no lemons, it would be something to write home about. But hardware that doesn't work out of the box? an inconvenience, for sure. But easily replaceable (granted the store has the device to replace and you haven't assigned your account to that console yet). Anyone that buys computer parts knows how common place this is.

Zelda was totally worth the early adopter's risk.
It was worth the early adopters risk, the early adopters of the Wii U...a system that actually works.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scary video and then... ASHLEY Jenkins! Fuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!! That woman!!! :wub::wub::wub: -Ashley aside, I wonder if this launch is really as bad (from a technical POV) as it seems or if it's the Internet blowing things up to over 9K.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all