this is a backgrounnd running?

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i have a creepy ram only 2gb. in normally before doing something my ram usage in 45 % after open a google 52-55% and i think this is normal.
but now before doing anything, my ram usge is 65-70%. and there is nothing open in running background or in task manager. and this is make my system more slowly in sometimes. i was follow youtube videos to disable superfetch in services.msc, and change dword key on ''start'' from 2 to 4. and my problem fix only for 2 days, after all back to normal again [weird ram usage]
and i think this is not a virus, and add more ram is not the solution.

PS: windows 10 64 bit september 2017

Last edited by Sathya,
D

Deleted User

Translation: I have crappy ram, it is only 2GBs. Before doing something my ram usage is 45%. After I open google chrome it jumps to 52-55% RAM Usage. I have always thought this was normal. But now, before doing something, my ram usage is higher, around 65-70%. There is nothing in the background and it makes my computer slower! I watched youtube videos to disable Microsoft services such as superfetch but it only works for about 2 days. Then it gets up to 65-70%.
I do not think this is a virus, and I don't think adding more ram would be the solution.

Try doing a virus scan with malwarebytes. But windows loves to eat ram so get some more. 2GB is very low for todays standards.

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Translation: I have crappy ram, it is only 2GBs. Before doing something my ram usage is 45%. After I open google chrome it jumps to 52-55% RAM Usage. I have always thought this was normal. But now, before doing something, my ram usage is higher, around 65-70%. There is nothing in the background and it makes my computer slower! I watched youtube videos to disable Microsoft services such as superfetch but it only works for about 2 days. Then it gets up to 65-70%.
I do not think this is a virus, and I don't think adding more ram would be the solution.

Try doing a virus scan with malwarebytes. But windows loves to eat ram so get some more. 2GB is very low for todays standards.
thx for translating, old man. but i have to use this laptop for 5 months, and the problem comes yesterday. ok will try iut malware bytes,.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and PS again:
my laptop more slowly on startup

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
thx for translating, old man. but i have to use this laptop for 5 months, and the problem comes yesterday. ok will try iut malware bytes,.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and PS again:
my laptop more slowly on startup

Love your sig, definitively picked the right one :D

Why the sudden spike in ram usage, who knows, an update could have had been undergoing on your pc because it doesn't need admin permission to update windows.

Now, the best thing to do would be to direct yourself to a used pc parts shop and buy 4gb of ram, it's not expensive (I got 8 gigs for my laptop, used ofc, for only 30$ although prices will vary) and just upgrade it, 2gb is very low for today's standards, most laptops nowadays come with a minimum of 4gb (we're talking about mid ranged).

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Why the sudden spike in ram usage, who knows, an update could have had been undergoing on your pc because it doesn't need admin permission to update windows.

Now, the best thing to do would be to direct yourself to a used pc parts shop and buy 4gb of ram, it's not expensive (I got 8 gigs for my laptop, used ofc, for only 30$ although prices will vary) and just upgrade it, 2gb is very low for today's standards, most laptops nowadays come with a minimum of 4gb (we're talking about mid ranged).
but why my problem fix only for two days?

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
but why my problem fix only for two days?
As I said, the system reserves a lot of ram for itself, seeing as how you only have 2gbs it reserved a tad more when it needed to update itself. Windows updates are pushed out all the time and unless you block them (which you shouldn't) your pc will have increased ram usage. This is of course if we're talking about an update, there could be a myriad of other things hogging up your ram, you said that nothing weird popped up in the task manager, do you have any applications running in the background that have recently updated and gained a new feature??

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you checked the RAM usage in a Linux install or a live environment? If it looks normal there then something is up in Windows and you'd be best off formatting.

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
image.jpeg

Have you checked the RAM usage in a Linux install or a live environment? If it looks normal there then something is up in Windows and you'd be best off formatting.
It was fix by it self now,....

can you
analysis this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs