This a real Wii-Clip v12?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by the_skdster, Oct 5, 2008.

Oct 5, 2008

This a real Wii-Clip v12? by the_skdster at 1:34 AM (1,243 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. the_skdster
    OP

Member the_skdster Advanced Member

Canada
    I found a few D2sun 1.3A chips pre-soldered to a Wii-Clip for a real good price.
    Would be a great Christmas gift to all my gamer friends.

Now before you bash the D2sun 1.3A, I need to know if these are legit Wii-Clips. Cause I've heard way, way too many bad things about fake Clips. ie not fitting proper etc.
    Pics below.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    take a look from the bottom for the clip. there should be a couple of embossed numbers :
    [​IMG]

and there are other things. take a look at that page: http://wii-clip.com/original.htm

3. the_skdster
    OP

Canada
    Thank you very much.
    Much appreciated! [​IMG]

4. Zerxer

Member Zerxer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sooo what's the price and where did you find them? I'm not sure if I'd go with a D2Sun over a D2Pro or not. Anyone wanna shed some light on how good they are?

5. the_skdster
    OP

Canada
    Under $20 each.
    Maybe this cheap because they are the 1.3A Lite version.

6. Zerxer

United States
    I think I'm just gonna go ahead and order the D2Pro9 off modchipcentral unless anyone has anything bad to say about the chip or the seller.

7. just4747

Newcomer just4747 Advanced Member

United States
    I have a D2C2 Wii (bought it in August) and got the exact chip from the same site: D2Pro9 pre-soldered to Wii-Clip v4 from ModChipCentral (HERE) and it fit perfectly on the first try, nice and snug. The green light blinked the first time I put it on, and it's booted every single original and backup (Wii and GCN) I've thrown at it on all media so far. I've had it for about a month or so and tried tons of backups (every good game out for the most part- burned by me). No inching or weird noises or lag in loading, NOTHING. It is perfect so far. Feel safe buying this combo from there.

8. Zerxer

United States
    just4747, thanks for the review. I have a question: with the D2Pro9, I hear there's optional wires you can solder for region-free compatibility. If you get it presoldered to the wii-clip, does this mean that those wires are soldered to the clip and when you clip it on you can play imports (I have an NTSC-U Wii so would I be able to play PAL backups (if they're supported; I know the support isn't 100% yet))? Have you played any different region games yet?

Thanks.

9. just4747

United States
    Mine came with the 9 wires pre-soldered and PAL/JAP games already play fine. Same doesn't go for all GCN games because they don't work the same region-wise with chips but all Wii games have worked so far from all regions. I did not have to solder the extra wire even though it came with it.

10. the_skdster
    OP

Canada
    Way to hijack a finished thread guys. lol

11. Zerxer

United States
    Haha, sorry. Just glad I finally got a useful answer from someone. When I go to order something, it takes me forever to completely decide on whether or not I should do it and if it's the best thing to order. You're lucky you missed the week or so when I was debating which DS flashcart to get. Eventually settled with the SuperCard DS ONE and haven't regretted it. For an even more annoying and extremely long personal debate, should've spoken to me when I was building a new computer a month ago. [​IMG]

I'm actually still ripping my hair out right now on whether or not I wanna spend the $80 to get it.. knowing my luck, an even better softmod backup loader will be released this week if I order the modchip.

12. just4747

United States
    just get it, it's more reliable for the future (most likely).