Third party controllers

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by mijuu, Jun 4, 2017.

1. mijuu
    OP

mijuu GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2010
    I have tried to use an Xbox 360 and an PS3 controller to play Smash and Hyrule Warriors multiplayer, but it makes the ps3 controller player one and disables the Xbox controller.
    The Xbox is connected as device 1 via HID to VPAD wirelessly, and the ps3 pad wired as device 2.

Is there any way to get the two controllers to work emulated hot seat multiplayer?

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I've had all sorts of issues using hid to vpad. Can't ever seem to get my ps3 and switch controllers to work along side an actual pro controller. Either the pro controller stops working or the other controller stops. I believe the problem is that it doesn't correctly handle multiple input methods very well (wireless and wired, actual pro controller and emulated controller, etc.) And often will assign multiple controllers the same player number (ie my pro controller and my switch controller both get assigned player one). I have yet to find a good method to assign everything and get it all working together.

3. mijuu
    OP

mijuu GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2010
    ye I gave up in the end.

4. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    If you have troubles or found potential bug in a software, PLEASE open an issue (for example on Github), otherweise the dev(s) have NO chance to fix this anywere in the future...