Thinking of Starting Something.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Leamonde.Halcyon, Feb 24, 2009.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes but I had something to add.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No but I had something to add.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Leamonde.Halcyon
    OP

Leamonde.Halcyon 6x9=42

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    6x9=42
    In the past on several forums I've been a part of, I would run weekly threads in whatever the appropriate subforum was and share information and links to music of a particular band selected from my large collection of music.

The idea is to share lesser known bands and singers with other people and I also accepted PMed sumbissions from other people of bands I didn't have, as well as suggestions for who to do next. A lot of people enjoyed it and liked getting something new to try listening to each week and I enjoyed doing it.

I would include links to the band/singer's homepage, an embedded youtube video or two for musical samples, a picture at the top of the page and a snippet of information about the band such as when they formed, if they're still together, etc.

I'm interested in starting this here in the General Off-Topic Forum on Gbatemp.

But I want to know if anyone is interested at all and if they think it's a good idea, because I'm not going to bother putting it together if no one is going to bother, so...opinions? Ideas?

EDIT: If I get enough positive feedback by tonight I'll have the first edition up tonight or tomorrow morning. (depends on if one of my darling monstrosities with whom I share parents decides to boot me on the grounds of "you've been on all day". It's nice living at home at 20 but younger siblings suck [​IMG])

2. Legobot

Legobot GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2008
    Wherever the wind takes me
    Sounds like a good idea

3. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Sounds like a good idea to me, and I cant see any reason why it wont be well received by people here. Go for it I say.

4. AtomicBlue

AtomicBlue GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2008
    United States
    Sounds like a good idea, I would like to see this happen. =]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice