Hacking Thinking about taking the plunge...

MD5HASH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one of the earliest switches running current firmware, which I understand means that Fusee Gelee is my only exploit option.

I've been holding off because I'm afraid of getting banned. But now I'm thinking that I'm going to go ahead and do it, and plan on buying a switch lite in the event that I get banned.

My first question - is this a reasonable plan? Do bans happen at the console level or at the account level? I want to be sure that if I get banned on my old switch, I can pick up where I left off on a clean switch lite.

My next question - what should I load after the initial exploit? I'm not interested in playing backups, only homebrew and emulation. Does that mean I should install Atmosphere and the Homebrew launcher? I also saw that android is now available - would that be a better option?

Finally - how much time should I set aside for this?

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
Not stupid questions, just questions that are asked every day and there are a number of up to date stickies that answer these exact questions.

Reactions: D-Jay

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one of the earliest switches running current firmware, which I understand means that Fusee Gelee is my only exploit option.

I've been holding off because I'm afraid of getting banned. But now I'm thinking that I'm going to go ahead and do it, and plan on buying a switch lite in the event that I get banned.

My first question - is this a reasonable plan? Do bans happen at the console level or at the account level? I want to be sure that if I get banned on my old switch, I can pick up where I left off on a clean switch lite.

My next question - what should I load after the initial exploit? I'm not interested in playing backups, only homebrew and emulation. Does that mean I should install Atmosphere and the Homebrew launcher? I also saw that android is now available - would that be a better option?

Finally - how much time should I set aside for this?
In this instance I would run something linux based or android because it'll run outside the switch os preventing bans and allowing emulation
and maybe an hour if you have some trouble

Last edited by Mythical,

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you dont want to get banned and are only interested in emulation
1) learn how to set up emunand/emummc and run retroarch off of it taking certain precautions to keep your emunand offline and switch to sysnand for online play(gamecube & ps2 emulation not supported).
2) Drop and drag L4T lakka files onto your sd card(may release is recommended), while lakka seems to outperform other options for the mostpart, it is currently limited to handheld only.
3) Flash android to your sd card, download emulators from the google store/web browser.

Options 2&3 are extremely safe and regardless wether or not you use online functions for them, they will not be connecting to nintendos servers, hence the odds of getting banned are virtually non existent. Their are zero ban reports correctly using any of the above.

Last edited by Basketto,

Bird Flu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no its not because if you read, you'd realize that hes asking if switch emulators or andriod emulators are better and which he should use

And if you read, you’d see he was asking if his own questions were stupid, so really you’re arguing with yourself

MD5HASH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) learn how to set up emunand/emummc and run retroarch off of it taking certain precautions to keep your emunand offline and switch to sysnand for online play(gamecube & ps2 emulation not supported).
2) Drop and drag L4T lakka files onto your sd card(may release is recommended), while lakka seems to outperform other options for the mostpart, it is currently limited to handheld only.
3) Flash android to your sd card, download emulators from the google store/web browser.

Options 2&3 are extremely safe and regardless wether or not you use online functions for them, they will not be connecting to nintendos servers, hence the odds of getting banned are virtually non existent. Their are zero ban reports correctly using any of the above.

Great info, thanks. I really lime

Great info - thanks! The idea of running android and having access to the gplay store is really appealing. You mentioned that lakka generally outperforms other options... I guess my question is... by how much? I understand that the switch is comparable to the nvidia shield under the hood. I have a shield and I'm happy with the emulation performance. Would I get something close to that by running android on the switch?

Also - is there any way to configure steam streaming on Lakka?

Thanks again.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Great info, thanks. I really lime

Great info - thanks! The idea of running android and having access to the gplay store is really appealing. You mentioned that lakka generally outperforms other options... I guess my question is... by how much? I understand that the switch is comparable to the nvidia shield under the hood. I have a shield and I'm happy with the emulation performance. Would I get something close to that by running android on the switch?

Also - is there any way to configure steam streaming on Lakka?

Thanks again.

Lakka outperforms android by small margins for the most part, except for very specific games. In many cases it wont matter. You cant stream steam on lakka ;), its purely a retroarch interface running on linux.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head