Hacking Thinking about DSTT

LittleMe626

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking about getting a DSTT. I already have a R4DS which works great if I do not use any cheats which causes freezing problems for me. Also I would like to use a larger Micro SDHC card

Any pros or cons why I should or should not buy a DSTT? Reasons why I want a DSTT...

1. I read you can use a 8GB or higher Micro SDHC card. (Unless it has changed the R4DS does not.)

2. Heard cheats work better on the DSTT. (Like I said above I am getting freezing problems with the R4DS.)

So are those 2 things true for the DSTT?

If I get one where is the best place to buy it I heard about the fake cards and that DX may be selling them.
Or is there a way to improve/hack the R4DS with the freezing and to use a larger Micro SDHC card.

Thanks.

Angus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does support any sdhc cards even 8 gig and cheats are good with it. It is cheap and isnt that bad but there are 2 fake cards being made and they are making firmware that will brick fakes. But the best choice will be if u have enough money buy a cyclo ds evo since there are no fakes of it yet and it has best features. And im not a cyclo fan boy yet since right now i have a dstt but i am completely unbiased. If you want fast shipping in america go to realhotstuff.com. No way to hack R4 that i know of sorry.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ENDscape said:
ScuberSteve said:
Yes and yes.

Cant explain more than that.DSTT = good choice.

yes its a good card but buy from a reliable seller theres a thread on this forum with recent news that theres a lot of FAKE TTDS CARDS out there
frown.gif

so be aware of these fakes!

other than that its a very good budget card ... you can also use YSMENU on it and its SDHC compatible
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, there are better choices than the DSTT. I have a DSTT and an Acekard 2, and there's really no comparison. The DSTT lacks some basic features that nearly every other flash cart has.

Acekard 2, Edge, or SCDS1 would all be better choices in a similar price range.

CycloDS would also be a better choice if you're willing to spend more money.

-Bri

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really in the same price range - dstt is half the price of the others mentioned at dx now.

aero125

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I agree with Bri. Consider other choices, particularly when there are many out there.

And while the real DSTT works superd, the J2GoldDot fake/clone DSTT may burn your cart/TF/console or all of them ( warning from the mfgr site ).

Who is there now to say for sure the mfgr claim is not credible ? Only time will tell if indeed DSTT has gotten a bunch of ace programmers to fundamentally recode the future firmware to fry your cart/TF/console.

cerenade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if i were you i'd consider getting an acekard 2. i have both a dstt and ak2, less just say the ak2 get used alot more.

the interface is nicer it makes me wanna use it, whereas the tt is not so good. But the tt did play the roms i had a problem with on the ak2(i think its just the new fw). so yeah think about it, i would recommend ak2 over tt

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Angus said:
It is cheap and isnt that bad but there are 2 fake cards being made and they are making firmware that will brick fakes.
There is??? Is this it?

But I'd go with the SuperCard DS One. The big + is that SuperCard will update the oldest thing the sell. AND the SCD1 can use the DSTT firmware if you want!

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aero125 said:
I agree with Bri. Consider other choices, particularly when there are many out there.

And while the real DSTT works superd, the J2GoldDot fake/clone DSTT may burn your cart/TF/console or all of them ( warning from the mfgr site ).

Who is there now to say for sure the mfgr claim is not credible ? Only time will tell if indeed DSTT has gotten a bunch of ace programmers to fundamentally recode the future firmware to fry your cart/TF/console.

Bri is always right about the DSTT
lecture.gif
smile.gif
. Bri is so awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o