Think my GamePad is messed up

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ShadowSoldier, Jan 31, 2013.

1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    I don't exactly remember hearing this when I first bought the console on launch day, but when I shake the controller, I hear a rattle inside. I assume it's the motion and rumble things. But like I said, I don't think it's always been there. Can anybody else confirm for me if theirs rattles?

But that's not what I want to talk about. The touch screen, I found out there's this one area on the screen where if I try to write over it using MiiVerse, the whole thing gets messed up and just does a bunch of scribbles. I've tried cleaning it but it doesn't do anything. Should I contact Nintendo about this or try and take it back to EBGames for an exchange? I don't even know if I could get one because I don't think I have the receipt anymore.

2. picano

picano GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2008
    United States
    Nebraska
    As for the rattle, try taping down the buttons and removing the stylus and try it --- should be silent.

As for the touchscreen... yeah that sounds bad. Have you tried messing with calibration? Exchanging it would mean losing your save data / account, getting Nintendo to repair it is your best option IMO.

3. ShadowSoldier
    OP

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Done all that. I've held all the buttons so nothing can move but it still rattles, like it's inside. I don't understand why it does it. I mean it rattles if I shake it hard, or if I turn it for example if I'm playing the Captain Falcon game on Nintendo Land.

For anybody wondering, this is me trying to draw a smiley face in the affected area. I'm pretty sure there's a spot above it too:

[​IMG]

Contacted Nintendo, I'm gonna be gamepad-less for about 2 weeks. Maybe week and a half seeing as how they said they're just gonna send me a new one. And the fact that I only live about 4-5 hours away from the Richmond HQ in BC.