Things you recently bought or got

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So here's a funny story that I'd like to share with you all. So, many years ago, as a 15-year old with half brain cells, I was curious if buying a taser module from Wish would get confiscated by the feds or not. So I went ahead and bought one, checked the tracking, and it was still stuck in customs, ready to be shipped. Then, about a few weeks later, I got a letter from the local police; I believe it was under the lines of "We have confiscated your taser; here's a warning" or something like that.
Lol, someone's on a list now.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's a funny story that I'd like to share with you all. So, many years ago, as a 15-year old with half brain cells, I was curious if buying a taser module from Wish would get confiscated by the feds or not. So I went ahead and bought one, checked the tracking, and it was still stuck in customs, ready to be shipped. Then, about a few weeks later, I got a letter from the local police; I believe it was under the lines of "We have confiscated your taser; here's a warning" or something like that.
That's hilarious. Makes me wonder if the Feds relayed the warning to the local police or if it actually was the local police that discovered the Taser.
It's probably the first, but it would be really funny if it was the second.

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's hilarious. Makes me wonder if the Feds relayed the warning to the local police or if it actually was the local police that discovered the Taser.
It's probably the first, but it would be really funny if it was the second.
I highly doubt that. It was a very long time ago, they let me off the hook.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, they actually did some policing for once (and admittedly owning it in the U.K., where you are it is illegal), even if it's for self-defense they are within their rights in that case.

I'd just like to clarify something: A taser is like an electric gun, while a stun gun you have to be in very close proximity to actually be useful to defend yourself with it.

I'm not going to test these things on myself again. That was a bit painful and it was only a few seconds. Imagine a minute. 😅

Fien

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Is this a modern space-saving soldering iron?

I still have a 10+ years old Toolcraft soldering station with a bulky unit containing the power supply+controls with the iron connecting to it using a cable and a separate stand for the iron, eating desk space. This one is power supply, controls and iron in one unit? :O

BakerMan

Class Clown of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone wanted to be the fucking spark man for sure

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this a modern space-saving soldering iron?

I still have a 10+ years old Toolcraft soldering station with a bulky unit containing the power supply+controls with the iron connecting to it using a cable and a separate stand for the iron, eating desk space. This one is power supply, controls and iron in one unit? :O
It is, yes. Has a built-in battery that can hold a charge, so I wouldn't have to worry when keeping it plugged in all of the time.

someone wanted to be the fucking spark man for sure
🤦‍♂️ Story of my life.

Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: Fien and Blythe93

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surgery time
1000005698.jpg

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still really sad this one never got a localisation since the art is so much nicer than other versions, but when I saw the fan translation was pretty complete I jumped on a copy on eBay.

1707401342410.png

Super excited to play at some point!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1