67dd3193a207bed8bf0b5162a1b454b3.jpg
Great brand for mass storage imo

Reactions: dragonblood9999

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't get a chance to buy much for myself because my daughter got hold of the Switch and bought herself a bunch of stuff (for the love of god put on 2FA) so now she's playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Complete Edition building a park full of ostriches and water slides. I didn't have much money left, so I bought myself the Sephiroth DLC for Smash to more efficiently teach her a lesson. Let's see how far the cheeky madam and her hat wearing Jigglypuff get now.

ladypoodle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot that I bought this on Best Buy last week, after store said they don't have it even though the site says 1 left. Rather than going online, I was already in store and paid it there and estimated arrival on 22nd or 23rd. That and mom replaced our old (and still working) 24 inch TV yesterday with a 38 inch HiSense Roku TV. Didn't setup any Roku since I don't wanna.
ihdQUY8.jpg

yFiGstl.jpg

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NESRGB kit for my AV Famicom. Just ordered, now I wait for shipping from Australia.

https://etim.net.au/shop/shop.php?crn=203&rn=522&action=show_detail

kQc55HK.jpg

Edit: Turns out I didn't have to wait for shipping from Australia. When I ordered the kit on Tim's website, I was only given two options for shipping, Aus Post and UPS. But after ordering I got a paypal notification that my order was shipping from Ohio. Tim has a distributor arrangement with a guy named Todd there. Only good news for people in US, apparently. So anyway my NESRGB should be here by Saturday, and after emailing Tim I received a $9.82 refund on the shipping. I think that might not have happened had I not bothered to send the email, but he made good on it once brought to his attention so there you go.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a broken Gameboy Color (It does not turn on at all), I wanted to see if I can repair it.
At the moment I just have to wait until the right screwdrivers finally arrive.
View attachment 268310 View attachment 268311

Before you do anything drastic, open up the back and blast into the on/off switch with CRC Electronics Cleaner*, flip the switch a few times while it's still wet (the stuff evaporates really fast), then blast it again. Make sure the battery contacts are corrosion free, and make sure the batteries are brand new. If it won't turn on after those easy things, then yeah you have a project on your hands.

* you can get it at Walmart in the same section as the spray oils, WD40, stuff to make seized nuts loosen up, etc. If you're really in Germany, well .. find a spray electronics cleaner, only in German lol.

Last edited by Hanafuda,
D

Deleted User

Before you do anything drastic, open up the back and blast into the on/off switch with CRC Electronics Cleaner*, flip the switch a few times while it's still wet (the stuff evaporates really fast), then blast it again. Make sure the battery contacts are corrosion free, and make sure the batteries are brand new. If it won't turn on after those easy things, then yeah you have a project on your hands.

* you can get it at Walmart in the same section as the spray oils, WD40, stuff to make seized nuts loosen up, etc. If you're really in Germany, well .. find a spray electronics cleaner, only in German lol.

Thank you so much! This is what I will do first then :lol:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
A buddy of mine was cleaning out his grandparent's house, and stumbled across an old late 90s era desktop in it, told him I'd pay him $50 for it if it turned on and he claims it did. So I'll probably be picking that up sometime next week if it actually works works.

Seems to have an old 266mhz AMD K6 in it, he says he "thinks" it has 16mb of RAM, 3.2GB HDD that I bet is dead, and a couple expansion cards he can't identify and the pics he sent me are useless so that'll be fun. Some kind of soundcard, video output, and networking thing though.

Be a nice Win95 PC to play with if it all works, been a bit since I've gotten my hands on a nice vintage PC so figured eh why not if it works
Same guy also offered me a little probably garbage CRT TV, some cheapo Toshiba thing that I told I'm I'd just take. I have a nice big 27" LG one in my basement that's really great for retro stuff...but I have 0 place to put it upstairs (and it weighs like 100lbs :lol:), so I figure a nice small one I can place on my desk will be better than nothing at all for all my retro stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol