Things with 3ds flashcarts gettin online

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Jaggent360, May 16, 2015.

1. Jaggent360
    OP

Jaggent360 GBATemps very own Punished "Venom" Snake

Apr 4, 2015
    Böllnas
    Hi.
    I know, i am a noob in this scene. I looked for a good 1 HOUR to find info and asnwers. No luck.
    So, im buying a "new" 3ds xl, and the prices for the games are HUGE.
    I am a big online guy, i spend 60% of the game time online, but not Animal crossing and mario online (excluding mario kart 7). Duh.
    SO. Are the flashcards still banned? Specifically Sky3ds.
    I know that you get banned for the headers matching with a "legit" copy. (.3DS/.3DZ files? idk)
    Is there a way on avoiding this? Do the .CIA files earse the header? Are peapole banned on using .CIA?
    And, is there a CFW like for the Wii (HackMii, letterbomb) coming out soonly (1month?)?
    And a tip for the "top gods".
    Please make a sticky, where you explain, how to play online with a flashcart!
    Any help will do. Thanks

2. dan80315

dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    USA
    I'm actually curious about this as well. I just purchased a 3DS XL that's on 9.2 firmware and I'd like confirmation that it works on 9.7.

Can we play online with Sky3DS without getting the banhammer now?

Also, supposedly there's already a CFW that only runs on 4.5 firmware or below. Problem is it only runs really old games (no smash, pokemanz or monster hunter)

3. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada

To play online without being banned, get a private header.

And Sky3DS confirms it works on 9.7.0-xx on their website.....

4. Jaggent360
    OP

Apr 4, 2015
    Böllnas
    How can we get a private header? Buying the game and then cloning?

5. mary1517

mary1517 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Poland
    You can get a private header and inject it to the sky's template, or don't use online if you want to use sky3ds.
    Or get yourself a cubic ninja or ocarina of time 3d and go with gateway (needs lower fw).

To get a private header, you will need to dump your own game somehow, so find someone with a gateway to do it for you, oooooor go with the gateway and not sky3ds.

6. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    If you have an original 3ds with <9.2.0 FW, or a N3DS with <9.2.0 and Cubic Ninja you can use gateway's launcher to dump a retail cartridge
    Or PowerSaves
    Or Buy a header

I almost think i should make a playing online / private header thread

7. Jaggent360
    OP

Apr 4, 2015
    Böllnas
    You should. But a sticky one.

8. Jaggent360
    OP

Apr 4, 2015
    Böllnas
    I'm a noob. Keep in mind. Why OoT? Some kind of Ocarinahax?

9. potato3334

potato3334 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    California
    Is it possible to just inject any header? i remember with 3dz games on the gateway, id just inject the mgs3d header for everything

10. Jaggent360
    OP

Apr 4, 2015
    Böllnas
    Buut, the thing is I need to get UTD. So I guess I'll go with Sky, but only for offline

11. dan80315

dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Please do! :) It'd be a ton of help.

I am so freaking confused. I havent been on the NDS scene since like 2008-2010 and going online wasn't problematic at all.

If I get a Sky3DS, I have to get a private header from each original cartridge each time I want to play a different game online? Jesus, kind of ruins the point >_>;

Does the Gateway offer a less problematic/safer way of playing online without having access to original cartridges?

12. LittleRod

LittleRod Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Yes.

The only way to avoid getting banned is using a private header. You can get one from your games for example, but you cant get a private header with Sky3DS.

.cia dont use headers AFAIK. So you can use it .cia online an avoid a ban PROBABLY. But, you only can install .cia with Gateway3DS or a CFW. (or install Legit Cia with FBI)

Sadly, no one knows. We have some goods CFW (RxTools, NTR CFW) but no for piracy.

13. Jaggent360
    OP

Apr 4, 2015
    Böllnas
    Ayy, Waitway can't get an update for 9.7. What do you mean by install legit cia via FBI? Also, the templates are editable, so if I place my or my non online friends header, I won't get banned from online.

14. Jaggent360
    OP

Apr 4, 2015
    Böllnas
    No. You need 1 header, for 1 game. Enter with 1 and the same header every time. With a unique header. Jesus, this is hard.

15. dan80315

dan80315 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    USA
    To quote from Sky3DS' website:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Margen67 likes this.
  16. Jaggent360
    OP

Apr 4, 2015
    Böllnas
    If you edit, do it quick and small.
    The GW is only 9.2. And also... idk I'm not a expert. Ask the experts

17. Jaggent360
    OP

Apr 4, 2015
    Böllnas
    Interesting that the didn't quote the ban waves. And the headers. Try to get a email and ask.

18. Jaggent360
    OP

Apr 4, 2015
    Böllnas
    Any news?

19. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    You can use the same header for different games. The point is you want a "unique" header. You can use SAK to randomly generate one for yourself as well. It works for most people and no bans have been reported.

20. Typhin

Typhin GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Bans happen when the same Card ID is seen online multiple times. So, you want to replace the Card ID with one you know to be unique.

You can get a Card ID by ripping the header from a retail game you own (since that way you know nobody else will be online with it, since it's yours), or obtaining one from someone trustworthy.

Options for ripping one on your own include either using the Gateway launcher or Powersaves. There are guides for the Powersaves method available on the forum.

Once you have one header, you can use the same header on every game. There doesn't appear to be anything tying the headers to specific titles, there have been no reports of banning using private headers from different titles.

I believe Gateway blocks online functions for files ending in .3ds, and unblocks it for files ending in .3dz, forcing you to confirm that you want to allow it online (and thus have taken the proper precautions), but I haven't actually experimented. I know nothing about Sky3ds doing anything like that.

CIA files don't have a header with a Card ID, they seem to use your console's ID in place of that. I believe there haven't been reports of banning for CIA usage, but it's theoretically possible because Nintendo could verify if a game is linked to your NNID and catch you that way.

So, basically, online play works just fine with the Sky3DS, but if you're not using a private header, Nintendo can and likely will ban you. It's less that Nintendo is detecting you using a flash card, and more that they're seeing evidence of you using SOMETHING to pirate.

There are some CFWs available and in development, but I don't know much about them, since I haven't looked into them much yet. Sorry.

I hope this answers some of your questions.