These Skylander-Amiibos sure look great!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Jun 19, 2015.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The amiibo function will work exclusively with Nintendo platforms only, as you'd expect so aside that the figures look pretty cool and its functionality will make them playable in Skylanders: Superchargers. A shame that the actual amiibo functionality doesn't allow such thing, but hey, if Activision brings in the rest of the amiibo collection then they will.

Just imagine playing as Mega Man, Sonic, Ness, Lucario, Rosalina, Greninja, Marth, King Dedede, Shulk, Meta Knight, Villager and all the rest!

thorasgar likes this.
  2. VinsCool

VinsCool Disgusted

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    An Alternate Reality
    When *two cashgrab technologies met...

Here is the expected result.

*It's the same NFC stuff actually.

vayanui8, thorasgar and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  3. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Never was interested in Skylanders, in fact I was appaled by the concept: selling a game to people and holding out on 90% of content and characters behind physical DLC. If people buy a game disc, they're entitled to play the content that they rightfully paid for.

oji and thorasgar like this.
  4. Gifted1

Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    I was soooooo against all these games that require you to buy these toys just to play the games. I don't even own any ammibo... but this game looks pretty sweet. I just might have to break down and purchase this game with their 2 little stupid toys. Dammit man.

5. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Goodbye wallet, it was nice knowing you.

6. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    How much is the game itself and does it already come with figures?

7. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    We are going to need an AA thread soon.

Amiibo Anonymous.

VinsCool and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  8. Gifted1

Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    Bowser and Donkey Kong Skylanders can only be obtained via the new Starter Packs for now.

[​IMG]

For now at least, Activision doesn’t have plans to sell the Bowser and Donkey Kong Skylanders as separate figures. The only way to obtain them is by purchasing the Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Packs. The Wii U version comes with Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and the Barrel Blaster, while the 3DS and Wii editions feature Hammer Smash Bowser and the Clown Cruiser.

Game Informer asked Activision about the possibility of selling the Bowser and Donkey Kong figures. In response, a representative said:

“At this time, Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser will be sold via the Nintendo starter packs only, as we wanted to avoid having consumers confused at retail thinking that they are playable on other platforms, as they are exclusive to Nintendo platforms.”

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...donkey-kong-and-bowser-amiibo-skylanders.aspx

=====

Well that just sucks. I would rather play with Bowser than Donkey Kong and I don't have a 3DS.

9. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sounds like they're really trying to scam people now.

If you want both, you have to buy two different copies of the same game on two different consoles that you may or may not have.

10. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere you can never find.
    Do I really need to buy the bundle for the Bowser skymiibo, I was looking forward to buying him since he and samus were the only ones missing. well at least those aren't being sold by scalpers and are on regular stores.

11. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Except Skylanders on the 3DS and on the other systems are vastly different games.

It's like saying Mega Man and Mega Man Legends are the same game.