Hacking These guys at DSX are something else

jaygee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just went to the forum for the first time in god knows how long.

i've come to realize that an update is never coming and it make me glad i never updated mine in the first place.

i've since got a M3R so i don't much care if they do update at this point, but i came across some funny stuff..

everytime someone asks about a firmware update you get this cocky moron who claims to be a super moderator named theGame..

thegame07 said:
It has already been said numerous times that the ds-x team are still active however they don't give release dates for their firmware update.

yeah uh huh.. and i've said numerous times that i'm king of the world, dosen't make it true..

reveng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheGame seems fairly ok, its the RABID1 character who seems to do all the harm.

Just an observation, maybe we should do a poll
rofl2.gif

throwingks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nintendo-scene.com
XP
Country
United States
Meh, they just enforce the rules, they don't make them. Being a moderator anywhere is hard, and no one ever likes you. No matter how lenient you are, you are considered a bully.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am one of the developers for DS-X, and I will leak this info to you guys.. Shh. Don't post this on the DS-X forums, they'll fire me.

The next firmware update will be released in.. Well, around 2088, I know it's a long time, but please be patient as we are working our hardest on the DS-X. Thank you.
happy.gif

If you didn't detect a joke in this post, then you my friend, are phailure.

~Nero

reveng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am one of the developers for DS-X, and I will leak this info to you guys.. Shh. Don't post this on the DS-X forums, they'll fire me.

The next firmware update will be released in.. Well, around 2088, I know it's a long time, but please be patient as we are working our hardest on the DS-X. Thank you. 
happy.gif

If you didn't detect a joke in this post, then you my friend, are phailure.

~Nero

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

unsure.gif
Sure will miss those DSX guys when they go bankrupt
cry.gif

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Meh, they just enforce the rules, they don't make them. Being a moderator anywhere is hard, and no one ever likes you. No matter how lenient you are, you are considered a bully.

Last time I checked the forum 8 out of the last 15 threads were locked, I dare you to find a forum as bad as ds-x. Seriously, can anyone link to a forum in worse shape than they are? I haven't seen anything like it.

throwingks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nintendo-scene.com
XP
Country
United States
That is because, they have bad rules. The mods just now started enforcing them correctly. Too many mixed signals were being sent early on. Now, people know there is no leniency to the rules.

IMO, your point is different than mine, and I agree with you. That doesn't give people the right to break their rules though.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I'll hand it to him for trying to be amiable, but as I've said before he's still on the wrong side of the fence here. If you're helping enforce their draconian posting rules to keep an appearance of order and allow them to keep selling units and ripping off others, you're as culpable as anybody else involved.

Personally, I would have to say throwingks is right about everything. If you plug your ears, close your eyes, and hum really loudly the DS-X magically starts working exactly as promised. The forum is just trying to make this process easier by pretending that Rome isn't burning, and DSX Guru is both wearing clothes and definitely NOT playing a fiddle all the while.

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh, they just enforce the rules, they don't make them.
Actually, that's not true. The mods all enforce different rules, and seemingly randomly. Sometimes posts are deleted, sometimes not, and there's no real relation to the content. Usually the rationale is that "the post could have helped the thread turn into a flame war" or "the post was off-topic". I don't mind, but the randomness of it makes a healthy forum impossible. There are also two unusual forum moderation habits that make the DS-X forum really weird, and that's

1. The random silent deletion of posts/threads, and

2. The way moderators replace the contents of a post with a message to the poster.

(A while ago they also did silent editing of posts, but that seems to have stopped. This was hilarious; it made even posts by non-mods seem like they were written by complete retards.)

The first thing turns many threads into complete gibberish (with references to stuff you can't find, etc) and the second thing just reeks of "wee 0wn y0uu all!!", plus the fact that nobody but the original poster knows what the content of a post was before it was replace with something like "Y0u should kn0w better by now, lol". But all this makes the forum an absolutely great source of comedy, as we all know. Keep it up!

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Picture this, I buy a Ferrari, pay a lot of money. I drive the car home, while on the highway I realise the car won't go faster than 60Mph. I call the Ferrari dealership to complain but guess what they say? They tell that it doesn't matter because it's illegal to drive over the speed limit! They tell me I should have know better and that if I follow the road rules I should have nothing to complain.

We all know why we bought a Ds-x, We all expect the same thing.
cool.gif

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Picture this, I buy a Ferrari, pay a lot of money. I drive the car home, while on the highway I realise the car won't go faster than 60Mph. I call the Ferrari dealership to complain but guess what they say? They tell that it doesn't matter because it's illegal to drive over the speed limit! They tell me I should have know better and that if I follow the road rules I should have nothing to complain.

We all know why we bought a Ds-x, We all expect the same thing.Â
cool.gif
Nice analogy there. I was uneasy about that when I owned a DS-X, so I got rid of it. I was told that they do listen to customers' ROM issues though by viewing forums like this, but I guess those are false promises like the rest of them. Skin editor anyone?

jaygee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBATemp has rules that suit you. For example the freedom to discuss ROMs. If they didn't, then these mods would be jerks too, in your eyes.

i disagree, most of the people who run into problems over there aren't asking about roms. They just want a freaking update. Also we woud like to see some of these promising features we were promised. But be damned if you mention any of that.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would ask about roms. My main issue about newer releases not working. I'm on a mac. If something is released that I want to try out, I have to download it and try it on the ds-x, oh wait, it isn't working. So I put it on a flash drive, fire up this ancient XP box, run the arm7 fix, put it back on the flash drive and put it back on the mac. Put it on the ds-x, fire up the nds and pray to god it might work because even some of the simple ones are having problems, even after an arm7 fix.

Seems like a pain in the ass for me...

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My main issue about newer releases not working.
Please update the Wiki when you find releases that aren't working.
http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/DSX_compatibility_list
According to ^, there are very few confirmed non-working arm7'd releases.

EDIT: Wait, you are using Windows just for the arm7fix? That's not necessary; ndstool (which is used for the unpacking/repacking of the .nds file) will certainly compile on OSX. Could someone help out?
http://devkitpro.cvs.sourceforge.net/devki...ls/nds/ndstool/

the newgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt any flashcard firmware takes more than eight months to code form the ground up, even for one as "advanced" as the DS-Xtreme's. So to wait this long for an update is obviously very worrying. As for the forums, I got banned for saying I had an M3 DS REAL, and im saying I got banned in less than five minutes with no warning at all, I really couldn't believe it. Moderator wise theGame07 and Hso seem ok, obviously Rabid1 is a complete arse. But at the end of the day they all know the situation the card is in and by actively censoring the forums the way they do they are contributing to people getting ripped off. If I was a mod at the forums I would have quit by now. Firstly because moderating at a forum like that would be more trouble than its worth, secondly because by the admission of the mods they are in the dark as much as us and are there really just to absorb abuse and to perform damage limitation. Lastly personally i would feel like im just doing the teams dirty work as a mod, trying to plug the leaks of truth, helping to rip people off with mythical promises of a firmware that will never come, banning and deleting peoples post because at some point it may turn into a flame war etc etc excuses excuses. Next time you guys delete or ban someone please bare in mind this person is upset because he paid good money for something that doesn't do its job, consider how we feel.
frown.gif

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luxor is not working, works without arm7 patch, but can't save. If you arm7 it, does not work at all.
I used to update the wiki a ton, but it's such a pain in the ass to go through and add games. Like right now, the wiki is sitting at 1904 and 1926 was released today, I don't feel like going through and adding 20 games to say luxor doesn't work. It would be so nice if it were more seamless. I'm gonna pick up an R4 next week and remove some stress from my life, hah.

Also, I know nothing about compiling. I've searched high and low for an arm7 patcher for OSX, but have been unable to at this point.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cry.gif
ohmy.gif
mad.gif
BAN BAN BAN

But anyway, I know a lot of the mods at the DS-X forums are actually nice people, but as the newgod said, they are helping the DS-X team continue ripping people off...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey