There is no known ios installed

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TripleHHH28, Nov 12, 2009.

Nov 12, 2009
  1. TripleHHH28
    OP

Newcomer TripleHHH28 Newbie

Canada
    Hi,

I'm having a hell of a time modding this wii.....I tried to do the 4.2 update and I had the homebrew channel installed, when 4.2 updated its gone....I know this and is nothing knew.....however there is a fix for it....so as I tried that i got the there is no known ios installed......i cant for the life of me figure out how to load an old ios to get the hackmii working again....i tried dop mod, nusd and so on.....and nothing is working....i keep getting errors.....no ios will install.....what do i do?

2. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Run the WAD Manager under IOS30 or 36 and run it from Bannerbomb v2 and install a clean IOS30 without a trucha bug and not a stub version (so latest non stubbed version).

3. tsampiras

Newcomer tsampiras Advanced Member

Greece
    Use trucha sign enabler to downgrade IOS15. To use this you must boot it with an exploit like bannerbomb for 4.2
    Hopes this help you started and good luck [​IMG]

4. TripleHHH28
    OP

Newcomer TripleHHH28 Newbie

Canada
    thanks for this help....however another problem has arose.....I got homebrew and USB loader installed as channels for my wii menu....however when i installed the usb loader and go to open it fron the wii menu..... it starts with the splash screen and then goes black....and reboots the wii

5. tsampiras

Newcomer tsampiras Advanced Member

Greece
    I believe you are missing a cIOS (cios rev14 from waninkoko) if it were the usb hdd it would just countdown.
    your ios 249 is a stub. you need to install a working one.