There is a stack of Nintendo Switch consoles in my workplace right now...

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
cant touch?

your challenge if you choose to accept it. is to wank all over them.

then technically you have touched them in a special way with out touching them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm afraid that they're all in the eyeshot of a camera. We might open one though, 'cause y'know, we need a display model, right? Besides, one of'em is mine anyways, I figure I might tamper with it before the time is due. Technically it's not outside of the facility, so... is that breaking street date? I don't know, I'm not a lawyer.

For now I'll just play with your emotions, since I have access to a likely shitty console before any of you suckers. ;O;

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm afraid that they're all in the eyeshot of a camera. We might open one though, 'cause y'know, we need a display model, right? Besides, one of'em is mine anyways, I figure I might tamper with it before the time is due. Technically it's not outside of the facility, so... is that breaking street date? I don't know, I'm not a lawyer.

For now I'll just play with your emotions, since I have access to a likely shitty console before any of you suckers. ;O;
Shitty employers, reserving the good stuff before consumers get a chance, get into the fucking line like the others..

Had you asked your boss? Maybe he is cool with it.. Or does Nintendo requires to be sent 24/7 cctv recording of the boxes to control wich stores breaks the rules?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
...and I can't touch them until 3rd of March at midnight. AMA. ;O;
I took a selfie with mine:

received_776497615837133.jpeg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Shitty employers, reserving the good stuff before consumers get a chance, get into the fucking line like the others..

Had you asked your boss? Maybe he is cool with it.. Or does Nintendo requires to be sent 24/7 cctv recording of the boxes to control wich stores breaks the rules?
Cannot. be. touched. ;)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Meanwhile, at a Nintendo board meeting:
"Alright, we need to sell as many units as possible!"
"I have an idea, let's manufacture 100 worldwide, then we're guaranteed to sell all of them!"
They're creating a false shortage of units to increase demand and maximise pre-orders, they've been doing this for years.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I have an idea, let's manufacture 100 worldwide, then we're guaranteed to sell all of them!"
Hey, at least Nintendo's making a hundred switch consoles worldwide for launch. Compare that to the five NES classics they made at its launch and the other ten that have come out since then.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey, at least Nintendo's making a hundred switch consoles worldwide for launch. Compare that to the five NES classics they made at its launch and the other ten that have come out since then.
Why do you think they sold for as much as they did and people were still happy to grab them? It's obviously done on purpose. If you can't get your hands on a unit, you will pay whatever price you're asked to pay when given the chance.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@FAST6191 enters this thread
*inserts big wall of text explaining that companies specially nintendo are known to do this, why they do it and etc*

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was going to appear and say there is a stack of them at my workplace as well, my workplace being a dodgy and run down, but surprisingly well secured, warehouse that may or may not occasionally contain hot goods.

But if you want a discussion on the nature of limited runs and artificial shortages, possibly delving into the psychology of the matter I am sure we can oblige.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
But if you want a discussion on the nature of limited runs and artificial shortages, possibly delving into the psychology of the matter I am sure we can oblige.
i remember you alraedy did it once :P
i remember reading about it..

did you order\reserved a switch btw?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
a) I am broke
b) even if I was not I am not going to buy a console at launch where there are no games, no hacks, no great features and very little potential.

Reactions: migles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy