Gaming There can be only one

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

As the big launch approaches I find myself wondering. The number of games I can acquire is basically down to how good my wages are this month, and they're never great. Affording the system should no longer be an issue unless I get really badly F'd by my pay, but if my wages are as low as I suspect they will be, I may only be able to get one game. I've narrowed it down to the following choices.

- Pilotwings. I've played it and love it, but it seems like it wouldn't last long. I enjoyed flying the plane around, it controls well, the graphics aren't really boundary breaking but the 3D works well and they're by no means bad to look at. Will cost £40, unless Tesco has it cheaper.

- Samurai Warriors Chronicles. I once had a game similar to this called Mystic Heroes which I enjoyed. It was great stress relief in short bursts but it's not the sort of game I can play for hours on end. But given the battery limitations of the 3DS that actually sounds ideal. From what I gather it's one of the longer launch games. Would also cost about £40.

- Ridge Racer. Not played a Ridge Racer game for years but it looks like Outrun 2006, which is one of my fave games ever. Again, it's meant to be one of the longer lasting games. Graphics look decent but I've not seen the 3D in action yet. Added bonus, due to a special offer in GAME, I can get it for a mere £25 when bought with my 3DS. Seems the logical choice on a tight budget.

- Super Street Fighter IV. I had the 360 version so this wouldn't be anything new and therefore I'm not overly inclined to get it right away, would rather have all new games with an all new system. But it is a good game. I'm not very good at it though. Would cost £40.

- Monkey Ball. Like Ridge Racer it's on offer, so it'd be only £25. It looks enjoyable enough but by no means a triple A title. Still, might be good for a laugh. I enjoyed the original.

Right now I'm hoping my wages are inexplicably fantastic for once, but I know they won't be. They never are. I'm hoping to have enough to get Pilotwings/Samurai Warriors and Ridge Racer/Monkey Ball. One of my priority titles and one of the cheaper ones too. But if my wages are as crap as usual, and therefore I can only afford one title with my system, which should I go for?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dude don't pay £40 for a game. >_>

Those games you listed are cheaper online. I got Samurai Warriors Chronicles for £29.86 and Pilot wing is £29.86 as well.

To answer your question, the 3DS has a weak lineup, nothing is too impressive and the only game worth the money seems to be Samurai Warriors Chronicles. Give it a few months you'll see the others going for a tenner.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
heartgold said:

Those games you listed are cheaper online. I got Samurai Warriors Chronicles for £29.86 and Pilot wing is £29.86 as well.

To answer your question, the 3DS has a weak lineup, nothing is too impressive and the only game worth the money seems to be Samurai Warriors Chronicles. Give it a few months you'll see the others going for a tenner.

Link to such fabulous prices? 'cause that way I might be able to get both.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
heartgold said:

Link to such fabulous prices? 'cause that way I might be able to get both.

Link

smile.gif

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks muchly. Of course as I won't have any money until quite literally the second of the midnight launch, if I order them online I'll have a system but no games for a few days. Would like to grab at least one game to play when I get home from the launch. But the link will no doubt be invaluable later on, notably next month when I get paid again and have more money available.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
zavvi, thehut, sendit, etc. all under 30£
And google for coupons before checkout.
9 times out of 10 there'll be a coupon to knock a pound or two off.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I suspect what will happen is that I'll get the system and possibly Ridge Racer from GAME, then go to Tesco (which is 24 hr and incidentally where said GAME store is located) and buy the main events a little cheaper there. Giving me a little extra cash with which to buy snacks while I'm there to keep me playing until it's time for work on Saturday morning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since