Theory about Yasu's "exploit"

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by shortperson1026, Apr 13, 2009.

Apr 13, 2009
  1. shortperson1026
    OP

Newcomer shortperson1026 Member

United States
    This "exploit" is in DS mode, rendering it useless to what we are trying to achieve. (DSiBrew Channel)

At the end of Yasu's "hello world video", he hits the soft reset button, bringing him back to the main menu with the Slot-1 channel highlighted.

If you own a DSi, launch any application and do the soft reset procedure. You will notice that it leaves you highlighted on the app that you just launched. This has brought me to the conclusion that it is either an exploit in a specific game and he has done a hardware hack to the game or it is a modified slot-1 device.

How do I know that it is the Slot-1 channel and not any DSiWare? You can clearly see that the icons are in the default positions, in which the Slot-1 channel is between the Settings and Camera apps.

My final conclusion is that we will need an exploit in a DSi-Only or DSi-Exclusive game exploit before we can proceed in modifying the firmware or creating a custom Homebrew channel.

Any other thoughts or theories? Discuss them here.

2. darkriku2000

Member darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, that's what we're trying to achieve, a hack through either dsiware or the camera