• Total voters

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi everyone

XFlak asked me to set this up to help decide which of the new darkwii themes to add in to Modmii

Red and Green are already supported so hes looking for the 2 or 3 best of the rest to add
anyway heres the videos to choose

White
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrwDwTXkPUQ[/youtube]

Pink
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ1jtn58laM[/youtube]

Dark Blue
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSMkswfXe_w[/youtube]

Yellow
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9sX3SzzzKA[/youtube]

Purple
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKVbnIgZK5I[/youtube]

Orange
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g66UasiFEhg[/youtube]

cheers for taking the time to vote
wink.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thanks again for setting up this poll! I think we should probably let the poll stay active for 1-2 weeks before closing it and making a decision, so hopefully we get a lot of opinions by then!

edit: btw, u spelled my name Xflax by mistake, it should be XFlak
biggrin.gif
no biggie

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Yellow~ :3 and Purple looks awesome too!
Edit : What system menu versions will this be released for?
Edit : CRAP I voted on 3 >.< Sorry!

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jonthedit said:
Yellow~ :3 and Purple looks awesome too!
Edit : What system menu versions will this be released for?
the themes are already released here for all 4.X menus

this thread is just for the ones you would like to see modmii support

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
xzxero said:
why not all of them?
Cuz I'm lazy, lol.

Actually, the main reason is because each theme I support adds 24 downloads to ModMii's download database: 4 regions * 3 firmwares * 2 types of themes (wads\csms)=24. This isn't a HUGE deal, but currently the way ModMii operates when downloading files is that it goes through the download database one file at a time and checks if its been marked for download, and if it hasn't it moves onto the next one. So what this means, is that the more downloads there are in ModMii's download database that are not marked for download the longer the pause in between downloads. The extra time for adding 3 extra themes (so 72 more downloads) is probably another 5 seconds (just guessing), but I don't want to slow ModMii down too much by adding a ton more downloads to the database.

Anyways, half the reason why I'm saying this is cuz I'm gonna look into a new method of marking files for download, so that instead of checking if every download is marked for download, ModMii will skip checking files that haven't been marked for download. When\if I change it up, ModMii won't have periods of inactivity in between downloads regardless of how many files are in its download database. So for now I'm looking for a couple themes to add to ModMii, and after I optimize ModMii some more I'll consider adding even more.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
with two girls in da house its Pink all the way and a matter of fact after i got used to see the Pink colours on the black background, i think it looks pretty darn good
yaywii.gif

so my votes goes to :

1 : the DarkWii Pink theme
2 : the DarkWii Pink theme

biggrin.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I picked orange and dark blue.

Pink isn't my favorite color, but that and purple still give the thing some nice contrasts. That's probably the reason why the white and yellow are my least preferred ones.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
XFlak said:
xzxero said:
why not all of them?
Cuz I'm lazy, lol.

Actually, the main reason is because each theme I support adds 24 downloads to ModMii's download database: 4 regions * 3 firmwares * 2 types of themes (wads\csms)=24. This isn't a HUGE deal, but currently the way ModMii operates when downloading files is that it goes through the download database one file at a time and checks if its been marked for download, and if it hasn't it moves onto the next one. So what this means, is that the more downloads there are in ModMii's download database that are not marked for download the longer the pause in between downloads. The extra time for adding 3 extra themes (so 72 more downloads) is probably another 5 seconds (just guessing), but I don't want to slow ModMii down too much by adding a ton more downloads to the database.

Anyways, half the reason why I'm saying this is cuz I'm gonna look into a new method of marking files for download, so that instead of checking if every download is marked for download, ModMii will skip checking files that haven't been marked for download. When\if I change it up, ModMii won't have periods of inactivity in between downloads regardless of how many files are in its download database. So for now I'm looking for a couple themes to add to ModMii, and after I optimize ModMii some more I'll consider adding even more.
I got this figured out!
So basically it doesn't matter how large ModMii's download database gets it shouldn't slow down ModMii. So eventually I'll probably add all the themes in this thread. For that reason, I think we can close this thread now, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol