Gaming The Swapnote Werewolves. Round 2

RedJiggly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Werewolf.jpg

If you want to start your own Swapnote Werewolves inspired game, that's fine. However, I would ask that you:
-Link back to this topic.
-Send me a message about your game. I love to hear your ideas :)!

Thanks,
~RedJ

Reactions: 6 people

Mindzpeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The new roles are fine with me, I see u created them to avoid problems from the first round eh? (Scapegoat FTW). Mmm I can easily see a conspiracy between the seer and the witch so be careful wolves!

As I see it, the Phantom Detective is already dead so he doesnt count between the survivors, he just can help the others while dead. :/

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Is it possible for the Phantom Detective to randomly be the same person as another role, or is it guaranteed to be a villager?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question: Is it possible for the Phantom Detective to randomly be the same person as another role, or is it guaranteed to be a villager?

Well, it would have to be, wouldn't it? Wolves have no incentive to save anyone from being eaten. They might want to save people from being lyched, but that would make the role even more broken.

RedJiggly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I lul'ed at The HamsterMan...

One problem with Phantom detective is that there's absolutely no way to get rid of him/her. That's the part I'm worried about being OP.

Edit: Yes, I'm in.
There indeed is no way to get rid of him/her. However, the following are the limitations of the Phantom Detective:
-the Phantom Detective will only get awakened after he/she died. This means that it is completely possible for the game to never have a Phantom Detective until the very end.
-the Phantom Detective has no knowledge that he/she is it beforehand. Meaning that the soon-to-be Phantom Detective will try his/her best to survive.
-The Phantom Detective can not protect the same person twice in a row. Even if he/she predicts correctly and blocks the wolves' vote, the wolves will have the option of trying to kill this person again the next day.
-The Phantom Detective will choose a protected person while the wolves' victim is not yet known: The Witch does not know the victim yet, and as such, even if they would know eachothers identity, the witch cannot tell who is going to be killed this night.

Do you still think it is overpowered? If that's the case, I will add some extra limitation, like him/her being only able to protect one in two nights or something. Please tell me what you think.

It is guaranteed that the Phantom Detective is on the "Good" side. In other words: before he/she died, he/she was a villager, seer, hunter, hamsterman, miller scapegoat or witch.

DinohScene(in a PM) said:
Hamsterman and Miller are somewhat confusing imho ;o
What is confusing? Let me try to explain them better:
HamsterMan:
The HamsterMan wins with the "Good" side(the villagers). His only special power is that he is immune to the killing of the wolves during the night. If they decide to kill him, nothing will happen.
However, if the Seer decides to look up the HamsterMan in his/her crystal ball, that means that the HamsterMan will die right away. So the HamsterMan should try to get the wolves to vote on him, and try to avoid being looked at by the seer.

Miller:
The miller is a normal villager, and has no special powers. His power is in fact a 'negative' one: If the seer decides to look at him in the Crystal Ball, the Seer will "see" that the Miller is a wolf. Even tough this is not the case! In other words: It's the millers responsibility to convince others that he is a normal villager even tough he appears to be a wolf. Of course, a wolf can say the same, that they are a miller, and try to survive longer that way.

Does this make sense? :shy:

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-The Phantom Detective will choose a protected person while the wolves' victim is not yet known: The Witch does not know the victim yet, and as such, even if they would know each others identity, the witch cannot tell who is going to be killed this night.
So the Phantom Detective moves before the Witch gets told the victim. That's fair, I suppose.
Should the rest of the players be told who the Phantom Detective saved?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn auto bots not pissing oil at o' rileys