The Sun has launched another bizarre attack on the 3DS

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by heartgold, Aug 1, 2011.

1. heartgold
    OP

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

The Sun, Britain's best selling daily newspaper, has launched another bizarre attack on the 3DS, this time suggesting that the recent price cut may be connected to the nauseating effect of its 3D display.

The paper wrote that Nintendo is, "slashing the price of its 3D console by a third - after claims it makes gamers feel dizzy and sick", only later adding that Nintendo "separately" reported a loss of £296,000,000.

While it's true that the 3D effect can be uncomfortable, those of us not totally divorced from reality might instead blame Nintendo's woes on a poor software library and a boom in gaming-capable smartphones.

It's The Sun wot lost it

The tabloid seems to have a bit of a grudge - it previously marked the 3DS for character assassination when it ran flawed experiments that suggested the device could cause high blood pressure and damaged circulation.

Here at Pocket Gamer we responded by conducting an equally-flawed experiment into the dangerous side-effects of reading The Sun.[/p]

Ridiculous newspapers and sadly a lot of people read these. [​IMG]

Source

2. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Which is why I refuse to read tabloids. The break room at my work is always filled with them. It disgusts me.

3. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Wait, people read The Sun?
    I thought it was just one of those obscure tabloids with false stories that no one believes.

4. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    What... Stupid tabloid. I wonder what it'll say about the PSV.

5. Pyrmon

Member Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

Canada
    While I agree the 3D is uncomfortable(for some of us, atleast) this is ridiculous.

6. _Chaz_

United States
    "Best thing to hit the market since sliced bread, it cures cancer and allows crippled children to walk again. It also adds a +5 to your dexterity."

7. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Im just gonna leave this right here...

[youtube]RcYVpF9BDwM[/youtube]

8. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i bet sony is paying this paper to write this shit [​IMG]

9. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Not owning a 3DS i can't say for sure but if i ever get one, for myself, my niece or my own kids (if i ever have any) i be extremely concerned about getting cross eyed or puking all over the place using this thing.

Early to make such conclusion on the recent price cut but better safe than sorry about health which always remains the top priority for anyone with half a brain.

10. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    ..Wha..? Please, don't believe this tabloid bullshit. They've been attacking the 3DS for months now, and they have no claims to any of the things they say.

I have big problems with 3D movies, but I can handle the 3DS just fine at MAX 3D.

Try it out for yourself. They're just being retarded assholes.

11. boombox

Member boombox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom

Haha, love Russell Howard, he's amazingly funny and probably one of the nicest comedian's you'll ever meet!

As for the Sun, they don't have sources, their newspapers are made of recycled jokes.

12. naved.islam14

Member naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sri Lanka
    Another bizarre attack?

13. Pyrmon

Canada
    Hmmm... No, I'll stick to my +10 fire, +14 strenght and +10 Stamina DS lite.
    But I may consider it for my priest. Those healing effects seem quite useful.

Jokes aside, who read newspapers anymore? They almost always biased, full of adds and they are slower than the internet.

14. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Yep, complete nonsense.

This was from a couple a days ago and it has been corrected by someone by twitter.

15. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Try tell that to many people at supermarkets. there are many tabloids with false stories and some people would believes anything. Newspapers are the reason people cannot lived without it. SADLY!

16. _Chaz_

United States
    That sounds like every news story and review on the internet.

17. Pyrmon

Canada
    Oh yeah, you people have adds. Sorry, I forget they exist because I use addblock.
    While I agree that pretty much all news story on any medium is biased in some way, the internet makes it possible to view all the sides of the issue and to view all the information concerning a story.

18. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    People who believe in this news article are just plain retarded and can't think for themselves.

"Oh wow, I see 3D movies in Cinema and looooove them, but I won't buy 3DS because The Sun suggests the 3D in it causes eye strain, damage etc etc"

I'm sure it's the same group of people who believed in the retard Harold Camping in May.

I'm not being a fanboy here, if The Sun bashes PS Vita in some stupid way that has no plausible meaning, I'd type the same in the future.

19. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    3D is unconfortable after one hour on it, but seriously, it only strain the eyes a little. People who feel dizzy or nausea are weaklings. Of course, those tabloids only consider those people.

I bet 95% of the players don't get dizzy or nausea.

Beside, you don't need to put the 3D switch at max settings, you can lower it to the middle and still has a nice 3d effect. On some titles, like Zelda Ocarina of Time, I see everything double on 3d, it seems the game is made like that or something, because I am not the only one. Lowering it to medium makes it perfect.

20. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Yes OoT is messed up on max, I always neglected to notice it but so many people encounter it and I decided to spill the beans lol.