Hacking The reason why channels are deleted during update

eric_4_life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I and many other users have had several channels deleted during the update I can now safely confirm why.

During the update process, the Wii checks to see if enough space is present to download the new system menu and IOS files. Since it is downloaded before it is installed, a lot of space is required. The biggest channels are therefore delete to allow around 1000 blocks of free space. I can not confirm, however, that the game saves for some of these channels were also deleted, since I can only confirm that it has happened to me.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wow that really sucks
nintendo could at least warn you for the lose of channels to get more space before you update
angry.gif

they probably think you'll redownload them and put them on sd later or somthing

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
With legitimate channels you can just save them to SD or redownload them after the update. Although...are you sure about this? My Wii was fairly full and I don't think anything was deleted from mine. I had only bought channels and Nintendo stuff besides the Homebrew Channel that is.

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahh that explains why all my Virtual Console games were deleted...

At first I thought it was something to do with my Wii, because I was messing with preloader prior to its deletion.

It also deleted my Virtual Console saves.. (Zelda Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64)

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
well i didnt update

i just popped in HOTD overkill, rebooted and BAM all my wiiware was gone

so WTF happend?

anyone know why?

i didnt update but i do have wiiconnect24 on

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i enable a hack then booted directly to HBC so i dont really know when exactly it was deleted

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well for me, I think I went to Load/Install file and it gave me an error. Once i rebooted all my Wiiware and Virtual Console games and saves were gone -.-

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
damn it nintendo

that was about 1 hour of my lifetime you deleted

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
looks like you fucked the system menu... use AnyTtitleLister to know if those games are still there ?
it's VERY unlikely nintendo is deleting anything without telling, not talking about doing it randomly like that... even a secret "anti-pirate" feature of HBC would be more probable

was this legally purchased VC/Wiiware ?

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so what get's deleted? Pirated stuff only, or including legally bought titles too? I updated to 4.0 using waninkoko's updater. Wii had 3 legally bought channels and 2 wadmanager-installed. Nothing was deleted.

I've not opened wiishop yet, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol