XP
Country
Japan
Densetsu3000 said:
antonkan said:
Please Note: Here's the rules to everyone at GBATemp.net:
  • NO FLAMMING
  • NO AGURUING
I agree with Toni and the original poster. Don't flamm or aguru on this thread.
Which is why the cheat code crew have currently invaded it.
Any flames will meet something called the "Report" button, and also ignored by all of us.

Hell, its flaming and Arguing that made Curley close the thread, and me get it closed before...
GBAtemp needs to change like hell. Noobs will kill it.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
yes, by being the topic starter you have to answer questions and attend to newbies (night in and night out)

i am glad someone can carry out the dirty work that i used to do
smile.gif

make sure you are knowledagble (although, you yet to sound like one) and being considerate~!

asking people to buy a new flash cart could easily SPARK a flame (yes, i tried that and i got screwed)!
infact, you should HELP them to solve their problem~!

by the way, finally i can off to enjoy my LIFE~!

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
mrfatso said:
iPikachu said:
well....
QUOTE said:
For R4 DS users and its clones (M3 Simply, N5 DS,etc), you'll need to get a new flashcart (except R4 DS and its clones).
^
wtf?!
wrong. we don't have to get a new flashcart...zzz

true, antonkan, u made your first mistake which is to type this out, u need to keep in mind that not everyone is lucky enough to get a decent flashcart, alot of countries are still selling r4 and their clones(singapore still included ....) to unsuspecting customers and keep in mind the following:

No.1: they don know that r4 sucks and that its outdated

No.2 they will probably buy it because that's the most famous brand and also it might be cheap aka they have no idea the pricing of other flashcart

No.3 Its their only choice. I remember wenting back to a shopping centre and all they have are N5 and some other r4 clones.

And also, no thread has ever hit the 1k post, most of the time, by then, it would have been just truckload of spams... and it would have been locked already
lol no.3.
so true.
the shopping mall where i bought mine had only r4!

are we allowed to post requests here?
then..

Lego Battles (U)
everything unlocked

Kuroshitsuji :Phantom and Ghost (J)
whole story unlocked

also..

in my opinion:

if you want to start a cheat compliation thread, the first thing to do is to compile ALL the codes from mrfatso's thread, which are for codes that are not yet in the database.
then put the links to it HERE(since its the thread) for all the flashcarts format, such as CHEAT.DAT and USRCHEAT.dat. Then, answer to everybody's request for cheats, and either find them from the internet, or learn to make them yourself, and compile into the dat, and post changlogs. Also, you most probably have to update every 2-3 days, some people aren't really that patient imo.

important thread is huge responsibility.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
iPikachu said:
mrfatso said:
iPikachu said:
well....
QUOTE said:
For R4 DS users and its clones (M3 Simply, N5 DS,etc), you'll need to get a new flashcart (except R4 DS and its clones).
^
wtf?!
wrong. we don't have to get a new flashcart...zzz

true, antonkan, u made your first mistake which is to type this out, u need to keep in mind that not everyone is lucky enough to get a decent flashcart, alot of countries are still selling r4 and their clones(singapore still included ....) to unsuspecting customers and keep in mind the following:

No.1: they don know that r4 sucks and that its outdated

No.2 they will probably buy it because that's the most famous brand and also it might be cheap aka they have no idea the pricing of other flashcart

No.3 Its their only choice. I remember wenting back to a shopping centre and all they have are N5 and some other r4 clones.

And also, no thread has ever hit the 1k post, most of the time, by then, it would have been just truckload of spams... and it would have been locked already
lol no.3.
so true.
the shopping mall where i bought mine had only r4!

They still sell them here?
ohmy.gif

Luckily mine had iTouch too.

Good luck with this thread antokan, although the support isn't there.... You just have to be a little less awesome than Narin (Narin is too awesome to be reached!)

And also, sorry to tell you the noobs that spam don't care about rules. But good luck
biggrin.gif

Edit: And for less whining, write out which cart uses which file. And its also good if you can be as awesome as narin, splitting up the whole big file into smaller different files .

Gearhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPikachu said:
if you want to start a cheat compliation thread, the first thing to do is to compile ALL the codes from mrfatso's thread, which are for codes that are not yet in the database.
then put the links to it HERE(since its the thread) for all the flashcarts format, such as CHEAT.DAT and USRCHEAT.dat. Then, answer to everybody's request for cheats, and either find them from the internet, or learn to make them yourself, and compile into the dat, and post changlogs. Also, you most probably have to update every 2-3 days, some people aren't really that patient imo.

This wouldn't be a good idea, because the reason that many of those codes are not already in the db is because not all of them are in working order. But do correct me if I'm wrong.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Gearhead said:
iPikachu said:

This wouldn't be a good idea, because the reason that many of those codes are not already in the db is because not all of them are in working order. But do correct me if I'm wrong.

Some new cheats weren't added in Narin's last update.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
of course any cheats which are posted after the cut off date / time is not included!
none of us is so free just to update the database after every single post is made~!
although, i seem to be here for 24/7 (free) but actual fact i am not~! mrfatso and co would know...
unlike some spammers would just answer to all calls~!
anyway, those are none of my business~! LOL since this new member would be doing it

codes posted on mrfatso's thread are mostly stress tested! we have signz, mrfatso, various others to do the dirty work! Yes, that including me~!
of course that doesn't include some random posts
smile.gif

mostly, codes from mrfatso, elixirdream, anandjones and dsrules are tested~!

however, again who would be so free to test all the codes ? why am i saying this? because Narin gather codes not only from gbatemp but every possible place! the best part is some forums you will see people just knowing how to PORT codes but yet they fail to do it on 1st attempt! Ya, i forget to mentioned that they can't code much
tongue.gif

by the way, do we blame Narin for all these? of course not ~! i do believe all coders should be responsible of what they post~! It is also the end users responsibility to report on broken codes! Yeah this part fails big time on the end users~! LOL

if any codes that you retrieved from mrfatso's thread it is not working for you please highlight~! otherwise, as far as i concern it is not as buggy as black sigil ~!

anyway, this is not flaming or what! this is just a piece of my advise to the topic starter!

EDIT: not only Narin and co do add codes but we do fix tons of codes! so my another piece of advise to the topic starter is! i hope you have the capacity to do it right
smile.gif

antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
elixirdream said:
by the way, when are you going to update the database?

I'm going to update the cheat database, depending on my real life. First, I'll dowload the cheats from cheats.gbatemp.net. Second, I use a file sharing website to upload the cheats files in ZIP fotmat (these includes all of the cheat format for your flashcart. Finally, it's a updated cheat database. If you have problems going to cheats.gbatemp.net (too long to load, get a page error, etc.), then download from the file sharing website.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
antonkan said:
elixirdream said:

I'm going to update the cheat database, depending on my real life. First, I'll dowload the cheats from cheats.gbatemp.net. Second, I use a file sharing website to upload the cheats files in ZIP fotmat (these includes all of the cheat format for your flashcart. Finally, it's a updated cheat database. If you have problems going to cheats.gbatemp.net (too long to load, get a page error, etc.), then download from the file sharing website.
so...
you're just going to mirror the cheats, you aren't adding ANYTHING to them.. since the ones from cheats.gbatemp.net are from narin's work(most probably, hmm..), and all you're doing is to just MIRROR them?
updating means you take the codes from fatso's thread, (im not so sure if you have to test them) you put the tested codes in to the dat, fix any broken codes, and export to all the different formats. not mirror....

don't get me wrong, but i believe that's the job of the cheat thread, to update the dat with FIXED or NEW codes...

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
PLEASE DO NOT POST ME ABOUT ANOTHER THREAD. NEVER! IT'S A NEW RULE!!!
WHAT?! THERES ANOTHER THREAD?! DON'T TELL ME ABOUT THIS OTHER THREAD! NEVER!!!! IT'S A NEW RULE!!!
smileipb2.png

Rule making for a noobie doesn't work, let alone, a normal member. Also, you fail. Narin does his job fine. Lay off.

On topic:
Pokemon Pearl USA 27 pokeballs in slot 2 and make one of the pokeballs to start with a charizard with Surf!
smile.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
antonkan said:
elixirdream said:

err, i hate to break it to u, but that is not how the cheat thread works, what u are supposed to be doing is adding codes from my thread, compile it, test and fix any broken codes, and then upload it to the ftp, also u have to answer any questions from noobs and etc.

A better title would be The Alternate Cheat Download Thread if this is what u are doing...

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Errr, Antonkan, from what everyone is saying, I understand you are thinking of doing something like this? Then yeah just an alternate cheat download not a cheat thread. And well, cheat.gbatemp.com is working fine for me presently.....

If thats not what you have in mind then:

1) You have to check the pre-codes thread made by Mrfatso frequently, they will post codes, or you need to go to other sites to get codes (like Narin did)

2)You have to test some codes to make sure they are working

3)Fix any wrong ones if you can

4)Add the working cheats into the curent compilation, yeah what Narin did was he compiled the cheats and added some cheats himself (correct me if I'm wrong)

5) Make copies fro each cart, like .db for M3 carts and .dat for R4

6)Upload (duh), preferably for all formats like Narin did

7)Update here tell people about it.

8)Make cheats, and answer noob's question, oh and possibly you have to answer a lot to piracy protection things during major releases.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
ya, domination, u gotten pretty much what his job is supposed to be

@antonkan:

and also, another important thing, never ever get angry with noobs, they will ask shit loads of questions, and heck, maybe stupid things like:
duh... can anyone tell me what 1 + 1 is, or duh, can i use cheats.dat specificially for the R3 on my CycloDS ??

note: (yes, i know that i spell r4 wrongly, but that is on purpose, since not all the time, they will be typing in readable english, sometimes broken or maybe unreadable english, since english is not their strong suit and they are using tools to help them translate what they are saying)

But to retype this out once out and also reply to domination's replies:

No.1 is actually a little true as well, what happen also is that elixir help narin compile the cheats and pass directly to him, because well, narin has a job and he is busy, so he can't possibly camp infront of the computer and spam F5.

no.2 : is very important cos well, there are so many games, unlikely we can test each and every one of them, and also sometimes we might miss out something like that time i made vit codes for KINTN, i made vit at 655 but i didn't realised that it was screwing up stuff elsewhere.

no.3: also important, since like i had mentioned, somethings we might have messed up somewhere and didn't catch that, so ur job would be to fix that.

no.4: yup, he went to a few different sites all over the net and find any codes that we are missing. like the crazy zoom for pokemon pearl/diamond...

no.5/6/7: no need to say, but u have to do these, and upload them as an individual AND as a full package.

no.8: since u are new, i don expect to do that, and unless u are knowledgeable enough, it would be better to shush up and let someone else do it, the worst mistake that u can ever made is this:

u know nothing but u act like u know everything, end up, bad advice to those who are asking you.

So, if u don know how does AP work? don type, let someone handle it. BUT that is not to say, that u just hush up on everything, u will need to chat with them, maybe assure them or something, and if u don know, u could just redirect them to a thread with the knowledge or just ask someone for help.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I STRONGLY AGREE with i.domination, ipikachu and mrfatso!
this is what i am trying to tell you as well~!

do like what we are doing! if you do it well ~! you might have our blessing to help!
each of is bloody busy in real life~!
while i am typing this next minute i am going out to meet my client~!

seriously, none of us is trying to pour a pale of cold water on you~! it is we want you to know the responsibility of having such thread! if you don't know how things work
just go through the history yourself on the official thread
smile.gif

even i am taking a break from the cheat scene~@ i was still bugged by someone for black sigil codes
tongue.gif

that took me 1 hour just to keep praying my emulator was working to hunt down the address~!
argh~! TIME IS ESSENTIAL

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
haha, you had enough of fun....it's not like anybody expected him to know what to do!

This really ain't gonna go (or get) anywhere.....I'll leave it open just for the heck of it..
Let him do the first update, to see what will it look like..

kenzspellz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
i agree with elixir and those people elixir had mentioned.
you have to know how to fix codes that are wrong make codes and test them if they work.copy a cheat file for each type and stuff like that.but firstly you have to get people to respect you before even making this kind of decision by making a new thread to get popular or anything.because a new member who started a topic about having a cheat thread or anything is totally out of ...
not trying to criticize you or anything but just get people to respect you.help out people in other topics and your thread would be more successful.just don't get to impatient or buffed up to start a new cheat thread without thinking the aftermath.

btw this thread might be successful.just to wish you good luck =)

Edit:Toni can you change back to the mousy picture xD it was cute haha but your present picture is not bad haha xD

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
And WHY are you doing this? If you want to help, ask!! Dont just make your own thread and try to be like Narin, The Coding Guys or Myself.. We didnt just start off like this and post our own threads which were copying someone elses.. We were a team with Narin and we all agreed about the thread..

This should just get locked.. It is OBVIOUS this is UNOFFICIAL and it is OBVIOUS that this guy is just trying to get some Attention.. You dont just take over someone elses job.. You help them with what they are doing..

Its just like me coming and saving over your Pokemon File.. Its just not right..

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
What Curley said makes lots of logic really.

If I remember, Narin was given permission by Rayder to take over the job? Antonkan should have contacted the cheat code crew to make it official, learn what to do and get cooperation of everyone.

Oh and I saw Narin online today!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: