Fat Cat in A hAT.jpg

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I love to see YouTubers breaking the laws of physics but, how is game related?
Maybe it's a new Mario Kart character.

And he's not breaking any laws of physics, the air flow in that setup is such that the net force is (slightly) forward. It's horribly inefficient and you'd get far better speeds by simply pointing the leaf blower backwards, but efficiency is not the point.

Mythbusters did an episode on this, if you trust their methodology.

Reactions: Dark_Phoras

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Maybe it's a new Mario Kart character.

And he's not breaking any laws of physics, the air flow in that setup is such that the net force is (slightly) forward. It's horribly inefficient and you'd get far better speeds by simply pointing the leaf blower backwards, but efficiency is not the point.

Mythbusters did an episode on this, if you trust their methodology.
Three mythbusters were able to "make it" because the gravity 🤪

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Giovanni Giorgio studied some early mechanic aviation conceptual devices and adapted them to a Mario Kart context of ground surface forward propelling. But, like you said, progress often lies in the simplest execution.

rimoJO

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.rimojo.com
XP
Country
United States
I love to see YouTubers breaking the laws of physics but, how is game related?
Not sure how no one's made the connection, but this looks like it may be referencing the umbrella from Bad Piggies.
Basically it has a button that you click to turn it on or off, and when you toggle the button on, it slightly pulls you forward. So if you spam the toggle button, then it will start rapidly opening and closing, pulling your vehicle forward in small increments for as long as you're continuously pressing the button.

In the original video, the movement is caused by the driver using the leaf blower to push the umbrella forward. But in the context of the meme, it may be interpreted as a Bad Piggies reference (which has always been somewhat prevalent in meme culture), and thus- it is game related.

Last edited by rimoJO,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure how no one's made the connection, but this looks like it may be referencing the umbrella from Bad Piggies.
Basically it has a button that you click to turn it on or off, and when you toggle the button on, it slightly pulls you forward. So if you spam the toggle button, then it will start rapidly opening and closing, pulling your vehicle forward in small increments for as long as you're continuously pressing the button.

In the original video, the movement is caused by the driver using the leaf blower to push the umbrella forward. But in the context of the meme, it may be interpreted as a Bad Piggies reference (which has always been prevalent in meme culture), and thus- it is game related.

not made the connection because its a shit connection to a game spinoff of a series that fell off like 8 years ago

also on that note I have never seen a bad piggies related meme must be super níche

Reactions: AlexMCS

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And the kid in question happens to be in the room next door, playing games instead of sleeping
Until the dad loses one game too many and tells the 11yo "oh yeah, well I fucked your mom" and the kid says "I know" and the secret is out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny