the m3 real

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Shelleeson, Aug 20, 2008.

Aug 20, 2008

the m3 real by Shelleeson at 6:52 PM (1,241 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Shelleeson
    OP

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    i got myself an m3 real and it turned up yesterday and there's a few things i was happy about but this is really doing my head in

i didn't even realise there was a spring in it because the memory card slid into the memory card slot without resistance the first time i tried to put it in
    today the memory card decided to try and fire it's way out of the cart and i thought "wow" i tried to take the real out of my ds to see what was going on and it was resisting any efforts to take it out of the ds
    i was terrified that it was going to ruin the ds completely but with a little wiggiling it came out of the ds

what the hell, am i the only one this happens to [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mastermanna123

Member mastermanna123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a M3 Real as well, but not with that problem.
    for some reason a lot of M3 reals seem to have cheap builds.

Wish i could help, but i have never had your problem. sorry

3. Diffusion

Member Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, the M3 Real is a little difficult to remove from the DS.

4. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    an m3real is a little harder to take out than a regular DS game, but if you push it in deep enough it should pop out(altough not like a regular DS game, which you can shoot at people)

5. hamstarr

Newcomer hamstarr Member

Netherlands
    I'm guessing it's a production fault,
    my m3real casing always felt a little "shabby" but is still functioning fine. The micro-sd eject mechanism always worked fine.

Also notice that the m3 real cartridge is missing the plastic that is supposed to guide the copper contacts in the slot-1. This has as a consequence that I have to push the cartridge in under a slight angle, otherwise the spring in the ds itself doesn't catch on. (Maybe that's what you did wrong? try pushing the cart in pressing on the right side of the card, not the middle)

Thats all i have to say about it;

Good luck with your m3 real [​IMG]

6. Shelleeson
    OP

United Kingdom
    well i don't get how it would go from sliding in and out of the ds better than my m3dss but that it now makes a horrible grating noise as it's sliding in [​IMG]
    it seems to be thicker towards the part of the card that should have the screw in as well
    after reading the posts i was scratching my head thinking it might be my imagination so i tried another cart and it goes in easily so i know somethings gone wrong
    [​IMG]

7. hamstarr

Newcomer hamstarr Member

Netherlands
    Return it to the shop (if possible) and use the m3dss in the meantime.

dont break your ds for a m3-real [​IMG]

8. Reconnin

Newcomer Reconnin Member

United States
    I myself have not had this problem with my M3Real or DS Lite, but my sister has had that same problem. I think the problem Is with her DS lite and not the M3Real itself because it works perfectly in mine. I have a Crimson/black and she has the new pink one. Also hers would not reackonize the M3real the I bought for her so I swapped it with the one I had. I think the Newer DS lite or at least the Pink one has a clear coat on it that makes it a little thicker which Might be the reason it gets stuck in it to. Is you DS lite a farely new model or have that clear coat t it? The M3real is also thicker than the Normal game carts check it out and see if thats your problem.

9. Shelleeson
    OP

United Kingdom
    well i tested the real after the problem happened in a black ds (less than 6 months old) and it reacted the same way as it did in mine
    mine is a white one and it's about 2 years old now (not sure about the clear coat but as i've said before it worked ok until the spring bucked inside the ds and then it seemed to be a struggle getting it out
    i really liked it too [​IMG]

10. Reconnin

Newcomer Reconnin Member

United States
    Well it sounds like the Problems in the Carts itself then. Do the clips/tabs that hold the cart together on the side look like they stick out or are the flush with the side? I was looking at the M3read that I use and the clips/tabs on the spring side are not there! Maybe they are causing it to get stuck! just a thought.

11. Shelleeson
    OP

United Kingdom
    well i played with the cart a bit i gently squeezed the real when i put in the memory card and it was expanding when it went in
    [​IMG]
    (i'm so sorry if it looks like i've written it like an innuendo purposely but i swear it's not supposed to sound disgusting) [​IMG]

12. Dragoon709

Member Dragoon709 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have an M3 Real as well and have not had this problem. I have the Gold Limited Edition Zelda Ds and no issues. I bought a Coral Pink DS for my daughter for her birthday in june and hers has the clear coat on it and she has used my m3 real as well with no troubles. it does seem a little weird....

13. Shelleeson
    OP

United Kingdom
    well for now back to the simply [​IMG]

thanks for the help guys [​IMG]

14. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the new ver of the m3real shouldnt have that problem
    they got rid of the chip on the front

even mine which does have a chip slides in and out fine