Gaming The Last Story Hype Thread & official Help Thread

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running it from a HDD. Other games are working fine (zeldaSS...). But on the last story, I have a "slow motion" feeling + frequent slowdowns on town. As it's really noticeable and sometime almost unplayable, I think I have a problem you don't have.
Where do I have to look? Can it be related to something outdated on my wii?

Sadly the framerate wasn't fully optimized for the Wii.
Even using the original disc will give you those issues.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the slowdown isn't that bad you want to see BAD slowdown go play rf tides of destiny!
also oh if only there was a special mod that would enhance the invisible dye :creep:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The low framerate is often visible, but it's still playable.

I wouldn't play an undub version, as I often can't read fast enough or even read at all what they are saying during battles as I'm focused on the action, so It's useful to keep it in english so I can understand a little. (I'm not fluent in oral english, but it's enough to understand).
Sometime I can't even read the english subtitle as it's skipping too fast, what where they thinking with that skip timing? :wtf:

I've tested some wrong answers just to see what happens, some of them are funny.
- In the pub, tell her it's time to go to sleep and that you won't follow her.
- At the stargazer tower, try touching her twice.

I don't know if it affects the story or the ending, so I saved before trying.

Schezo92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I played the japanese version, I don't think the choices ever affect the ending, but saying the wrong answers do give some funny responses.
Some chapters and items actually are missable, but most items are never really all that important, the only items I'd bother going out of my way getting is the different crossbows.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't play an undub version, as I often can't read fast enough or even read at all what they are saying during battles as I'm focused on the action, so It's useful to keep it in english so I can understand a little. (I'm not fluent in oral english, but it's enough to understand).
Sometime I can't even read the english subtitle as it's skipping too fast, what where they thinking with that skip timing? :wtf:

Ive also noticed on several occasions they've forgotten to sub a few lines (during the cutscenes mainly), as well as subtitling wrong compared to what theyre saying (leaving out half a sentence for example).
Overall, compared to Xenoblade, the translations/subtitles arent nearly as well made. It feels rushed.

Syrous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm experiencing some troubles as well... My game has been running fine till now, no slowdown or anything. But once I hit a certain cutscene at the balcony during a certain Ball it starts having issues. It's a long cutscene, but close to the ending first the voices stop and character's mouths stop moving as well, but other sound effects work. Then my Wii stops responding (the cutscene goes on for a bit) I have to pull the plug to shut it off, and eventually the game locks up. I have no idea what's going on. Anyone have any advice?

I've updated my Wii a couple of weeks ago with ModMii, am using USB Loader GX with normal settings except for "Force Disc Region" for the display. I'm using the Sushi repack version of the game in wbfs format on a WD Passport 500 GB drive with spindown turned off. The HDD is formatted to Fat32 with 32 cluster size.

Downloading a different release at the moment to check if it does anything as I've tested multiple times and the same thing always happens. Still haven't tried burning a DL DVD with it and testing, hopefully it's not one of those bugs that gets saved to your save file and the only solution is restarting the game, I've had that happen to me before but never on the Wii.

EDIT: Burned the same file that I used on the HDD to a DL DVD and it plays the cutscene just fine, this makes no sense to me... I'd still like to have this working on USB Loader GX though.

EDIT 2: A different release worked fine from the HDD as well, it seems it only happened with the Sushi repack. Still stumped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: play the songs video