Gaming The hold button can be disabled ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
While I'm playing, I often switch off completely the PSP by accidentally pushing the power long enough (not the short one), and loose my data not saved.

I'm using 5.0x-m33, and I heard of Hold+ plugin, which add functionalities to the Hold button :
Battery saver mode, disable backlight, low processor speed, AND button still usable in the PSP menu.

So I looked if a plugins was developed to disable this button effect, but I didn't find anything.

Do you know one to keep the hold button ON, and still use the PSP buttons ingame without backlight off and slow processor ?
if Hold+ can use buttons while hold is ON, I'm sure it can be done ingame, right ?

Something like Hold- would be great, not adding functions but removing it.

Maybe there's a file to replace on flash0 to remove the hold effect ?

Note : I don't want to open my PSP to remove the physical switch.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wait, wait, wait, you want to enable buttons while in Hold mode without decreasing processor speed and the like? Doesn't that beat the purpose of putting it on Hold in the first place?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, but I don't need the Hold function while playing a game, so it could be used to lock the hold button and prevent accidentally power off the console.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Oh, I see what you mean. You want everything to be the same, but in Hold, so if you accidentally hold the power switch down, you won't turn it off.

Unfortunately, I think the best thing to do in this situation is just to get used to not holding it down when you want to go into sleep mode. It will take a longer time to try and find a program that will do all that when you can just get used to putting it in sleep mode and not holding the power button down. Do you kind of understand what I'm saying?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
War said:
Oh, I see what you mean. You want everything to be the same, but in Hold, so if you accidentally hold the power switch down, you won't turn it off.Yes, that's what I mean.

QUOTE(War @ Dec 10 2008, 10:06 PM) Unfortunately, I think the best thing to do in this situation is just to get used to not holding it down when you want to go into sleep mode. It will take a longer time to try and find a program that will do all that when you can just get used to putting it in sleep mode and not holding the power button down. Do you kind of understand what I'm saying?
No, That's not what I want
tongue.gif

I don't want to go in sleep mode at all.
I know I can use the sleep mode when I want to switch off the PSP, but here I don't want to switch it off.
All I want is continue playing the game with the Hold button locked, so I don't accidentally turn the PSP power OFF when playing.

it's happening often when I'm using L & R button (Loco Roco), I'm holding it tight and the power button slip upside without me noticing, and as I'm holding it long enough to switch off completely, I'm loosing my current game data not saved.

That's why I'm thinking the lock state could be use as a security while playing a game, and a real hold function outside games (menu, playing music etc.).

So, I guess there is no plugin available to do that
frown.gif

Do you think I can request it to the Hold+'s author as an additional option ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1