Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Go
Q&A ( for those 'Out of the Loop' )
Q: What is "Go"?
A: "Go" is a 3DS vulnerability that originated from this webkit bug which allows ROP code to be inserted into memory.
Q: Cool! How can I use it to play [insert homebrew here]?
A: Currently, the only working form of the exploit is Gateway's version, which is (stupidly) "encrypted". It has been recently reverse engineered by Yifan Lu, which allowed custom launcher.dat files to be executed using Go.
What can we do, and what people need to do with, "Go"? (As of January 17, 2015)
Good Ones:
  • Use Gateway's Launcher to dump saves, your NAND, game cards, and downgrade to an older firmware version. (except for those with 2DS systems which are stuck with the latest firmware.)
  • Certain developers are publishing their work which works with Go! For example, Smealum has recently released Regionthree which allows you to play games made for other regions.
The "Get-Your-Ass-Up-To-Work-On-This" Ones:
  • A developer (or someone who is willing to contribute) should port Smealum's Homebrew Launcher to Go, so we won't need a Gateway to execute homebrew anymore.
  • I'm too lazy to think of other ones so you may suggest some.
As I stated in the previous section, I'm a bit lazy to think of the rest, so you may suggest other content I may include in the thread.

0xFFFF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
You probably won't be able to port the webkit entrypoint to N3DS, it uses a newer, much more secure browser.

Well, Gateway got their hax running on it, so I guess an exploit for the N3DS is not out of the question.

Reactions: Margen67

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
source on this info?
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Internet_Browser
"New 3DS Internet Browser ... The WebKit source was updated since the Old3DS browser."
Plus multiple mentions by people in #3dsdev about the N3DS browser being more difficult to exploit.

Well, Gateway got their hax running on it, so I guess an exploit for the N3DS is not out of the question.
Not at all, but it won't involve this webkit bug, they'll have a different entrypoint.

March_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try ... Youtube app for future entry point.
Version are verry old (on my 9.0 3DSXL, the version show on user agent is 1.7498, the version of... 4.X internet bowser :D)

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

"I believe that information on its own is amoral but it takes people to make it immoral. There’s no point in arguing if piracy is right or wrong or if making this information public would help or harm pirates. I am not here to ensure the 3DS thrives. I am not here to take business away from Gateway. I am not here to be a moral police. I am only here to make sure that information is available for those who thirst for knowledge as much as I do in a form that is as precise and accurate as I can make it."

Oh Senpai...

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Senpai...

"I believe that information on its own is amoral but it takes people to make it immoral. There’s no point in arguing if piracy is right or wrong or if making this information public would help or harm pirates. I am not here to ensure the 3DS thrives. I am not here to take business away from Gateway. I am not here to be a moral police. I am only here to make sure that information is available for those who thirst for knowledge as much as I do in a form that is as precise and accurate as I can make it."

hands down !!!:bow:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.