The Garden of Eden and the Agricultural Revolution

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about history lately when I came up with a rather peculiar realization. There are a few correlations between the Garden of Eden creation story and the agricultural revolution.
Firstly, the Eden story takes place at the same time that Young Earth creationists claim the world began, which is what most scientists recognize as the agricultural revolution.
Secondly, the emphasis on agriculture (the garden) and naming/gaining dominion over animals, which was the agricultural revolution was all about. (Not to mention the "forbidden fruit", likely some sort of poisonous fruit.)
Third, the role of a snake as a villain. Snakes were one of the animals that remained antagonistic and uncontrollable to humans, as well as being deceitful and deadly.
Fourth, "the woman fucks it all up". The Agricultural revolution was when women started getting the shaft in human society, relegated to domestic chores as opposed to the leadership-like role they held during mankind's hunter-gatherer nomad days.
Lastly, the exile from the garden. Humans often left their homes to form new villages. (This is a bit of a weaker correlation, but still.)
Any thoughts?

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I am not one to believe in such malarky as the Judeo-Christian creation story, myself. But I'm wondering about the exact implications of this. Could it be that the Garden of Eden story was written by a human who thought the world began, and then there was agriculture?

Think what would happen if humans were as naive today, with no written history, and they lived in a city or some sort of industrial complex. I think their creation story might have something to do with God creating tall buildings and making computers for all of us to enjoy, only to kick us out when we visit the "forbidden website", or some such.

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately we don't know much about our origins. We've got some ancient pyramids, some trails of when the first humans moved from Africa to Europe and that's about it. We don't have much documents from that time. All we got is buildings that have stood the test of time (15.000 years) and some hieroglyphs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.