The Fuck is This?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Joom, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Joom
    OP

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I've only ever used my Wii U for media (YouTube, Netflix, Hulu) and an incredibly small handful of games for my wife, except for BotW (which I pirated). I got around to setting up CBHC tonight and decided to grab Mario & Luigi: PiT. Instead of being faced with a logical VC I got this shit.

[​IMG]

The fuck is this? You'd think Nintendo would have made the top screen the TV and the bottom screen the Gamepad, but no, we get this lazy bullshit. I'm sure I'm not the only one to bitch about this, but I felt like venting.

Last edited by Joom, Apr 5, 2017
  2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I never got this game. I also got just a handful of DS VC, and I haven't used my Wii U for a very long time.
    But I remember that in the handful of DS VC I got, you could switch between multiple display options.
    Isn't that the case for this game?

PS: The youtube video below makes me think this game also, in fact, supports multiple display modes. Just change the display mode to TV = upper screen and PAD = bottom screen!

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Apr 5, 2017
  3. froggydarren

froggydarren GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    tap the back right trigger and change the display options.....on my 4k tv DS VC games look sooooo bad in any mode apart from the DS console screen lol ;)

4. Joom
    OP

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    So you can actually change the display mode of DS VC games? I feel like a retard, but in my defense nothing indicates this.

5. nolimits59

nolimits59 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 25, 2008
    France
    Everytrhing does because they tell you you can pop the menu of the VC when you start the game IIRC.

6. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    Except the button that says "Screen Settings"?

KiiWii likes this.
  7. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Take it easy guys, don't pull your artillery on the easy target.
    It was just an oversight, the guy already said he feels like a retard for it, won't you let is slip?