Hacking The Definitive vWii Hacking Guide!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
do you really need r53?
if you want you can install both version at the same time, like this :

249 : d2x r52, base57, mod version to work with emuNAND using an UStealth drive
250 : d2x r53, base57

And no, you don't need base 56 at all, maybe base58 but you shouldn't either.
base 57 has the best compatibility.
d2x r52 has better compatibility for games and hardware
d2x r53 has USB Port1 support (and issues with everything else)

then you should use slot 249 by default for everything, and only use r53 in slot 250 if/when you need USB Port1.

Last edited by Cyan,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you really need r53?
if you want you can install both version at the same time, like this :

249 : d2x r52, base57, mod version to work with emuNAND using an UStealth drive
250 : d2x r53, base57

And no, you don't need base 56 at all, maybe base58 but you shouldn't either.
base 57 has the best compatibility.
d2x r52 has better compatibility for games and hardware
d2x r53 has USB Port1 support (and issues with everything else)

then you should use slot 249 by default for everything, and only use r53 in slot 250 if/when you need USB Port1.

what is considered usb slot 1? I have my drive plugged into the right most port on the back of the wii u if the wii u is sitting vertically with the eject and power lights at the top of the system.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
talking about vertical position is harder to understand, because I don't know if you talk about left/right when watching the console from the front or from the rear.
put your console flat,
On Wii: Port0 is bottom (near the edge) and port 1 at the top.
On WiiU it's the contrary : Port 0 is at the top, port1 at the bottom.
Look at the first post, there are pictures. I thought there were one :wtf: maybe it's in another guide.

edit: it was in the other guide. This is USB Port0 you need to use.
t45PjF5.jpg

Last edited by Cyan,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the one circled is port 1? that would mean I'm plugged in to the right port. that picture I think is upside down. u would flip it counter clockwise onto the y axis which is how my wii u is positioned.

Last edited by godreborn,

freakE3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEED HELP

I have done this: using cIOS

Step 3) On the top of the screen, we can choose/ change a couple of options. Set them to what I have:

• Select cIOS : d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii
  • Select cIOS base : 56
  • Select cIOS slot : 249
Step 4) Press 'A' to install and wait for installation to finish. When it's done, Press 'A' to continue.

Step 5) Again - on the top of the screen, we can choose/ change a couple of options. Set them to what I have:

• Select cIOS base : 57
  • Select cIOS slot : 250
Step 6) Press 'A' to install and wait for installation to finish. When it's done, Press 'A' to continue.

Step 7) Again - on the top of the screen, we can choose/ change a couple of options. Set them to what I have:

• Select cIOS base : 58
  • Select cIOS slot : 251

NOW I want to do THIS with d2x-v10-beta52-vWii..........THE SAME INSTALL WAY........BUUUUUUT WILL THIS HARM MY SYSTEM doing the same method witout doing anything?? MEANING: can I install over my first install witout a problem??? or do I have to restore my original ios somehow before doing this?

3.) Select cIOS : <d2x-v10-beta52-vWii> NOT d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii.
Select cIOS base : <56>
Select cIOS slot : <249>

4.) Press A to install and wait for installation to finish.

5.) Press A to continue.

6.) Select cIOS : <d2x-v10-beta52-vWii> NOT d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii.
Select cIOS base : <57>
Select cIOS slot : <250>

7.) Press A to install and wait for installation to finish.

8.) Press A to continue.

9.) Select cIOS : <d2x-v10-beta52-vWii> NOT d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii.
Select cIOS base : <58>
Select cIOS slot : <251>

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is USB Port0 you need to use.
t45PjF5.jpg

"THIS IS PORT 0"

The one circled is PORT 0

This is the one you need to use.

The picture is NOT upside down. (unless you are used to put your console upside down on your table instead of using the "plastic feet" as bottom)
you need to use the port at the TOP, the one FAR from the edge.

if you use the other one, that's why it's not working.

@freakE3 :
I answered in your other thread, but I'll post it here too :
Yes, you can install r52 without doing anything else first.
installing r52 will replace and overwrite r53.
Note that even with r52 some games will not work from SD card.

Last edited by Cyan,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide to the T and everything worked perfectly. I do use 2 drives one for wiiu and one for vwii. I switch them as needed.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
USB loader GX does not read Wii titles off an SD card yes?

so far only WiiFlow is working with SD wii titles, and i use Nintendont for NGC.

but i have an issue with WiiFlow' forcing games into Fullscreen, i was wondering if i used an adapter/card reader USB and sticked my SD in it maybe i could use USBLoaderGX with it and have it launch my wii titles.

i could use a separate 4gig sd for the wii apps.

i would like my games to go fullscreen, i do set the options under each game "Force 16:9" in wiiflow but no dice, there are still bars. (and funnily some games do go Fullscreen, some just won't)

H3adband_67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide all the way through up until using USB Loader GX, that's where I encountered problems. My system is stuck on the "Loading... Initialize usb device" screen. The only way for me to get rid of this is to unplug the system. I have nothing on the HDD and I completely formatted it using Bootice. The Homebrew applications are running off of my SD Card. I can't even get into USB Loader GX unless I unplug my HDD. Please help!

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I followed the guide all the way through up until using USB Loader GX, that's where I encountered problems. My system is stuck on the "Loading... Initialize usb device" screen. The only way for me to get rid of this is to unplug the system. I have nothing on the HDD and I completely formatted it using Bootice. The Homebrew applications are running off of my SD Card. I can't even get into USB Loader GX unless I unplug my HDD. Please help!

where is your HDD connected to? is it a 2 usb port based hdd , and did you try plugging it in a different port, and do you have the USBLoaderGX app in the SD's app folder ?

H3adband_67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where is your HDD connected to? is it a 2 usb port based hdd , and did you try plugging it in a different port, and do you have the USBLoaderGX app in the SD's app folder ?
The app is in the SD card's app folder.

It is a 2 port based HDD, I have had the main part of the cable plugged into port 0 and the other part plugged into port 1.

When I tried switching the ports around (main plugged into port 1 and extra plugged into port 0) USB Loader GX doesn't acknowledge the HDD at all.

If it helps at all, I used d2x-beta52 for all of my cIOS's. When I used beta53, I had the same issues so I tried overwriting to see if 52 made a difference

Last edited by H3adband_67,

H3adband_67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried just letting USB Loader GX go down to the 20 second warning for the HDD. When I waited to connect the HDD, it worked! I'm currently backing up my copy of Smash Bros and all seems to be going well :D it sucks a little that I have to get up every time I start USB Loader GX, but I can live with it

calibano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Guys, I've followed the guide, but when I launch YAWM and go into the wad folder to select a wad, the vwii crashes and I get "exception DSI occurred!"

can you please help me out? if it helps, when I launch it, some items are marked as NOT patched

PS there's no drive attached, and I'm using a 2gig SD card that I was using back in the wii days

Last edited by calibano,

awideen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use the same SD Card that I am using to house my Wii U homebrew apps and stuff? for the vwii homebrew stuff?

DeltaDragoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Gamecube Adapater for Wii U only works on Wii U games, and Nintendont

This is an open question to anybody, not just the person quoted: Would there be a way to get the vWii OS to recognize the USB Gamecube Adapter as the GC ports in the Wii? Like emulating the GC ports that the Wii U doesn't have through it? I assume this would require a custom OS of some kind.

tin77

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hi! My setup should be as described in the guide (d2x-v10-beta52-vWii). But no matter what I do, I don't get my microphones working. They work with the original DVD but not when loading from HDD. I tried "Game IOS 250", etc. Nothing worked. The microphones are never recognized.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
some USB device requires that you plug it before launching the loader.
you can also try slot 251 (which is based on IOS58, the one used for USB accessories)

alternatively, you can try d2x v10 alternative (the name says it all!), it has Plug and play support, which allows you to plug the accessory after launching the game and still be detected correctly.
Though, v10-alt (r53 instead of r52) has less compatibility for games and hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-