The Conduit Interview at DICE Summit 2009+trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by manaphy4ever, Mar 7, 2009.

1. manaphy4ever
    OP

Member manaphy4ever GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bahrain
    In this GameTrailers segment we get to see and hear a bit more about The Conduit and Dead Space:Extraction, both Wii titles for hardcore gamers. Among the new details, The Conduit won't include MotionPlus, but will use Wii Speak support.

here is the the interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUwYMLtfwAI

2. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Whaaat? I thought they'd been going on about using Wii MotionPlus to optionally improve controls for ages? Why go back on a promise so late in development? Meh, it shouldn't make a big difference at least.
    Anyway, the video's been taken down, I'm gonna go search GameTrailers for it.

3. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

the video is no longer available

4. manaphy4ever
    OP

Member manaphy4ever GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bahrain
    Trolly and ball just refresh it and it will work just now i refresh it and its working

5. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Nothing really new here.. I thought it wasn't possible but the game is looking even better than last time I saw it! The enemies models and animations, the character hand and gun textures.. good improvement from last time.

They said recently that implemented WiiMotionPlus for a slightly better movement recognition.. but it felt too gimmicky so decided to take it off.. and honestly, I can't see any good reason to use it :/

It's worthy to check the trailer on gametrailers with higher quality: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46432.html [​IMG]

6. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'd bet anything it also has something to do with MotionPlus being released so much later than anticipated. I'm pretty insanely psyched for The Conduit. Maybe now those ignorant "THE WII DOESN'T HAVE ANY GOOD GAMES OR GRAPHICS LOLOLOLOLO" fanboys will stfu. Probably not, but it's nice to dream. [​IMG]

7. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    You think Sega put that guy up to plugging the other two core Sega games being released?
    Though kinda hard not to.
    Don't really see anyone else trying the core thing just yet.

I'm hoping this will inspire more core wii games.

This one still has my fifty bucks.
    I'm looking forward to it and I'm glad its not being rushed in any way.

Now if Sega could just get these guys to make some games based of their older franchises.
    I'd love to see some Afterburner with that engine. Though I'd be happy with an Afterburner Climax port anyway.
    Heck, I just wanna see more done with that engine. Its dang awesome.