The Big Basketball Thread

Renegade Zero

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
64
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
London, UK
XP
38
Country
I see there is a very nice thread for football/soccer which many enjoy and are involved in so I thought that there should be a thread for the basketball fans here. Post basketball news, favourite players or just talk about the teams you support.

For me, my favourite player is "Half man. Half amazing" Vince Carter, the guy is an all-round talent and a joy to watch playing. As for the team I support is the Memphis Grizzlies because they're a young team with potential (hence the current 8-12 record). I also like watching the Suns and Warriors because everyone likes the run and gun offense plus no defense unless your a Phoenix or Golden State fan!
laugh.gif
 

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
2,198
Trophies
0
Location
Illuminati
XP
536
Country
United States
I live in Atlanta but there only my second favorite and my favorite team are the Detroit Pistons even though we suck this year we are coming off a really good couple of seasons and after we get rid of Rip Hamiltons huge contract and trade Tayshaun away I think we can get a few solid picks and become a good young energetic team.
 

Renegade Zero

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
64
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
London, UK
XP
38
Country
Yeah the Pistons have a decent core of young payers to build around like Stuckey, Bynum, Maxiell, Gordon & Villanueva. McGrady is a decent, cheap pickup too if he steps his game up a bit. They just need to step up offensively, if they can the future is looking bright.
 

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
2,198
Trophies
0
Location
Illuminati
XP
536
Country
United States
Renegade Zero said:
Yeah the Pistons have a decent core of young payers to build around like Stuckey, Bynum, Maxiell, Gordon & Villanueva. McGrady is a decent, cheap pickup too if he steps his game up a bit. They just need to step up offensively, if they can the future is looking bright.

Stuckey hasn't developed as much as I hoped he would but he shows flashes of greatness.

I really hope he can develop enough to carry the team along with Monroe.
 

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
1,095
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Your nearest supermarket
Website
Visit site
XP
197
Country
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
nutella said:
Clippers Nation. For real, I've been a Clippers fan since I was 10. Them and the Magic.

Blake Griffin has beasted all year and Al Farouq Aminu is no slouch once Chris Kaman gets back from injury you guys could make a serious run.
I sure hope so. So far they're 0-10 on the road. I really want them to make the playoffs.
 

Renegade Zero

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
64
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
London, UK
XP
38
Country
It'll be nice too see new teams in the playoffs this year like the Pacers and Knicks in the East plus Clippers and Grizzlies in the Western Conference. They should go for the 7th and 8th seeds.
 

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
2,198
Trophies
0
Location
Illuminati
XP
536
Country
United States
Renegade Zero said:
It'll be nice too see new teams in the playoffs this year like the Pacers and Knicks in the East plus Clippers and Grizzlies in the Western Conference. They should go for the 7th and 8th seeds.

Maybe in the East I can see that happening but in the West thats a real long shot the West is always full of contenders
 

Renegade Zero

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
64
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
London, UK
XP
38
Country
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Maybe in the East I can see that happening but in the West thats a real long shot the West is always full of contenders

That is very true but I'm hoping that there is a dark horse in the West that can go all the way. It was the Suns last year but maybe OKC can make that push this time. Westbrook is playing out of this world right now and if Green steps up too then I can see them making a serious run.
 

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
1,095
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Your nearest supermarket
Website
Visit site
XP
197
Country
I REALLY hate to say it, but I think the Celtics are going to take it all this year. When everyone is healthy, they're going to have an unstoppable defense, not to mention 5 bigs with great playoff experience. Glen Davis, Kevin Garnett and Shaq, along with Jermaine O'Neal and Kendrick Perkins when they're healthy. I'd love to say the Magic have a chance, but Shaq alone, even while old can still slow down Dwight. Throw in another 4 bigs in the mix, and he pretty much can't do anything.
 

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
2,198
Trophies
0
Location
Illuminati
XP
536
Country
United States
nutella said:
I REALLY hate to say it, but I think the Celtics are going to take it all this year. When everyone is healthy, they're going to have an unstoppable defense, not to mention 5 bigs with great playoff experience. Glen Davis, Kevin Garnett and Shaq, along with Jermaine O'Neal and Kendrick Perkins when they're healthy. I'd love to say the Magic have a chance, but Shaq alone, even while old can still slow down Dwight. Throw in another 4 bigs in the mix, and he pretty much can't do anything.
With every year the Big 3 gets worse and Rondo gets better if they don't win it all this year scrap the big 3 for prospects or picks and build around Rondo.
 

Renegade Zero

Well-Known Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
64
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
London, UK
XP
38
Country
Celtics in the playoffs are hard to beat with their strong team defence and balanced offence designed for the post season. Rondo is a top point guard, Pierce and Allen are still clutch and KG and Shaq are still a presence in the paint. I'm not sure if Boston will win the championship but I'm most certain they will be going to the conference finals at least.
 

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
1,095
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Your nearest supermarket
Website
Visit site
XP
197
Country
Renegade Zero said:
Celtics in the playoffs are hard to beat with their strong team defence and balanced offence designed for the post season. Rondo is a top point guard, Pierce and Allen are still clutch and KG and Shaq are still a presence in the paint. I'm not sure if Boston will win the championship but I'm most certain they will be going to the conference finals at least.
True, but I can't imagine any other team in the East beating the Celtics.
 

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Joined
Jan 15, 2009
Messages
4,344
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
New York City
XP
265
Country
United States
nutella said:
I REALLY hate to say it, but I think the Celtics are going to take it all this year. When everyone is healthy, they're going to have an unstoppable defense, not to mention 5 bigs with great playoff experience. Glen Davis, Kevin Garnett and Shaq, along with Jermaine O'Neal and Kendrick Perkins when they're healthy. I'd love to say the Magic have a chance, but Shaq alone, even while old can still slow down Dwight. Throw in another 4 bigs in the mix, and he pretty much can't do anything.
Most of all those players are old now. And Shaq sucks now.

My favorite team is the Knicks. I think we will definitely get into the playoffs because of Amar'e. Carmelo might come to the Knicks too.

EDIT: If the Knicks had a second more when they were playing the Celetics the Knicks would have won.
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://i.imgur.com/IXlPrt6.jpeg +1