bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr. Clipper said:
bjorno said:
I use GX. Working perfectly here =D.
Dont like cfg, cuz there are too many functions (wiiflow etc) that makes you download a lot of different covers.
If you don't want to download the covers you don't need right away, just add "download_all_styles = 0" to config.txt. Cfg will then only download the cover style you are currently using.

Yeah, but GX is working fine, and im happy with that.
Btw no disc image with CFG?

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFG USB Loader for me, although I wish I could find a theme that fits well with the main menu.

I used GX for the longest time, but got tired of it. Not to much it seems like it's rarely updated anymore.

Sorta interested in WiiFlow; maybe I'll give it in a spin.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mgridgaway said:
CFG USB Loader for me, although I wish I could find a theme that fits well with the main menu.

I used GX for the longest time, but got tired of it. Not to much it seems like it's rarely updated anymore.

Sorta interested in WiiFlow; maybe I'll give it in a spin.
Same here, except for the WiiFlow part. The #1 reason I switched from GX to Config was simple FAT32 support. I can't get it to work with GX. Oh yeah, 400th post
grog.gif

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
I keep GX on my front page as my Girlfriend finds it the easiest to use but have CFG on my 2nd page and use that when I play and also for installing Wii games to the HDD!

I gotta say though that all the complaints about GX being buggy make no sense to me. It plays everything CFG does and my GF and mates prefer that to CFG! maly because of the interface!

Firbel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, i just installed those loaders 2days ago. Iam completely new to the Wii Loader stuff.
So the first thing i had to do is reading and understanding what to use and do. I want to share my experience so far!

1. installed CFG USB Loader[/b] because i like to configure stuff so it sounded good for me. It worked perfectly. It did even recognize my different partitions. Only thing which doesnt work yet is that it shall return_back to itself. I did set up this with the Configurator (DCFG) but that doenst work. It more or less restarts the WII. So i have to start at the first text when you startup the WII.

2. installed USB Loader GX with their USB Loader Installer 1.0. This did install me the newest available Version. In the Menu it did show Rev 874. It didnt showed me any games.
Few days again i tried it again. I saw on their site that the newest version is Revision 938. Funny is that was the same Version it installed on the stick before it just had a plain txt document which said 874 but that wasnt true. Then i downloaded the USB Loader GX from a different site uploaded by a User (older version). This worked. It showed me my games. But then it i couldnt run any of those games with any of those cIOS (222,223,249,250) (CFG did this without any problems). After starting i just saw 3 little dots on the edge of the screen and end. Then i did read over the whole forums. Trying to get it running. I did find out to install the newest Revision with base 56 works fine. That was right now it works. What i really like is the Interface and when it works its perfect. But i stick to CFG because it supported my games on first sight without newer cios files installed so i think its just the better choice. I wouldnt recommend USB Loader GX to someone new.

3. installed Wiiflow 2.1a2 didnt worked with my different partitions (1TB WD in 2 500GB partitions) with my new 2,5" WD 500GB it works.

4. tried uLoader 4.5... Saw the GUI and kicked it. Really my eyes and ears hurt ^^ Didnt found out how to do anything.

For all Loaders i used the same SD Card completely clean without any other loader on the same card. Wii FW4.2. The same HDDs with NTFS installed with WII Backup Manager 0.35beta1(this program helped me alot). Only thing installed at first was the Homebrew Channel 1.07 and the cIOS Revision i had installed at first and after that with the new Revision 20. Didnt install anything else. No Channel Forwarder, Wads or whatever. Iam not into this yet.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I love GX - the GUI is by far the best out there.

I have experienced no problems with it being buggy (R921) it plays nearly everything I ask it to play (compared with others inc CFG - which I use for Rugby League 3 as GX will only play the quick game) That is the only game not really playable on GX that is on CFG

Few updates - but I have no real issues that stops anything being played, so why do I need more.

iiixtream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my favorite is wiiflow i love the all the new features especially channel loading because I do use this for a menu replacement it makes everything much more simple for the kids. All they have to do is turn on the wii and pick what game they want without having to go from one channel to another. With the loader i can even lock them out of things that i don't want them to mess with. And the new disk loading makes it even more complete. All that I'm waiting for now is nand emulation. Thanks to r-win and mugotu for all there hard work.

ps I wish that creating theames were a little more simpler

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1