OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resolved... ilu <3

The Backups That Never Were
by: Dax_Fame

Once upon a time, Dax_Fame was switching to Atmosphere CFW emuMMC.
He did backups and they verified via Hekate 5.0.2 on two different SDs.
He then accidentally booted CFW on his eMMC but didn't do anything and immediately shut it down.
When he went to restore his backups they were not on either SD card, instead just empty folder.

TOO STUPID-DIDN'T READ:
While trying to setup emuMMC I booted CFW on my system and apparently don't have any backups to restore...
I didn't do a damn thing on my system other than shut it down because I realized what was going on.
Would this generate anything (like dirty logs) on my system nand to get me b&???

Q: How did you do something so stupid, you noob?
A: I don't know how to boot the emummc after I created it. I used sdsetup website as a guide but still couldn't boot. No boot config found. I chose the fusee payload and it booted my sysnand.

Thank you, anyone in advance

BONUS:

When I try to run another backup it says one already exists... I'm so confused. One SD is empty, the other has this (attached image) in it.
Restore>partitions directories are empty

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by Dax_Fame,

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Backups That Never Were
by: Dax_Fame

Once upon a time, Dax_Fame was switching to Atmosphere CFW emuMMC.
He did backups and they verified via Hekate 5.0.2 on two different SDs.
He then accidentally booted CFW on his eMMC but didn't do anything and immediately shut it down.
When he went to restore his backups they were not on either SD card, instead just empty folder.

TOO STUPID-DIDN'T READ:
While trying to setup emuMMC I booted CFW on my system and apparently don't have any backups to restore...
I didn't do a damn thing on my system other than shut it down because I realized what was going on.
Would this generate anything (like dirty logs) on my system nand to get me b&???

Q: How did you do something so stupid, you noob?
A: I don't know how to boot the emummc after I created it. I used sdsetup website as a guide but still couldn't boot. No boot config found. I chose the fusee payload and it booted my sysnand.

Thank you, anyone in advance

BONUS:

When I try to run another backup it says one already exists... I'm so confused. One SD is empty, the other has this (attached image) in it.
Restore>partitions directories are empty

If I remember right when i did my emmc expansion i had to copy the files from the backup folder to the restore folder did you look at this thread it might help you

https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember right when i did my emmc expansion i had to copy the files from the backup folder to the restore folder did you look at this thread it might help you

https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/
Thanks.. the only thing concerning me now is it says I should have 3 files, not 17... but it is for a different version. Not even sure if I should attempt.

DAMN I so badly want to stop using SX OS but this is giving me a headache, especially since I might've dirtied my logs from that CFW boot, like an idiot

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.. the only thing concerning me now is it says I should have 3 files, not 17... but it is for a different version. Not even sure if I should attempt.

DAMN I so badly want to stop using SX OS but this is giving me a headache, especially since I might've dirtied my logs from that CFW boot, like an idiot

They say to use those 3 files becuase they contain everything but there should be more files when you make your backup so your backup looks good

Reactions: Dax_Fame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok