The apple appstore, now on Mac

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Screen-shot-2010-10-20-at-1.59.12-PM-670x375.png

App Store for Mac, Multi-touch gestures, App Home Screens, Full screen Apps, Autosave.
Multi Touch on Mac Products. on Touchpad, not on screen[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Will Apple ever release OS11? Surely they need to revamp the system entirely by now.

Anyway, does this mean that there will be OSX Apps now? Or that OSX can run iOS Apps? I mean, OSX Apps are called programs. Releasing an OSX specific store for programs makes sense but still...

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Will Apple ever release OS11? Surely they need to revamp the system entirely by now.

Anyway, does this mean that there will be OSX Apps now? Or that OSX can run iOS Apps? I mean, OSX Apps are called programs. Releasing an OSX specific store for programs makes sense but still...

osx11 releases this summer
os x apps are called applications, many people have always called them apps and they have a .app extension.

i don't think the idea is to run iOS apps but to buy them, install and buy them the same way. i hope this doesn't mean installation becomes dependent/or tied to the apple store because that would just be awful.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nando said:
Jamstruth said:

osx11 releases this summer
os x apps are called applications, many people have always called them apps and they have a .app extension.

i don't think the idea is to run iOS apps but to buy them, install and buy them the same way. i hope this doesn't mean installation becomes dependent/or tied to the apple store because that would just be awful.
OS11 releases this summer? You mean 10.7?

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I can see where Apple is going with this, part of me thinks this might be the beginning of the end. Remember when they always stated to "think different?" What if OS11 requires apps to be installed through the Apple App Store? Everything needs to be approved by Apple to run on Apple hardware, including computers? Will we need to jailbreak our Macs?

Probably not, but who knows?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass