Hardware The 3D effect in the 3DS...

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading reports on how mostly everyone had eye-strain/headaches after playing the 3DS, I was surprised I didn't. I got one recently and after a week I'm questioning what the reports were all about. Seriously, I played from fully charged to dead on 3D and I didn't feel a thing. It was quite comfortable, to tell you the truth. Is anyone else able to handle the 3D like me?

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am guessing that people who don't get it are not saying anything since there is nothing to say, but the few that do have problems are reporting/complaining about it and it makes it seem like it is a common occurrence.

Thesolcity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe its only certain 3D effects people can't stand? I can't stand that red/blue 3D crap. It annoys my eyes but maybe its the colors so close to my eyes not the faux 3D....

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a terrible migraine that lasted for hours after 10 minutes of playing SSF4 in GameStop on their 3DS.. Btw I spend hours a day looking at computer screens (I'm a secretary), so it's the 3D effect that bothers me.

Sorry, I think I'll pass on this handheld. I hate 3D crap anyways, it's a cheap gimmick.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It is nice that you can actually adjust the 3D depth and to 2D though. I seldom use the 3D now as:

1. it's a horrible battery sapper
2. It slices the resolution (I like 800 X 240)

snake2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playing with 3D on makes my eyes water and irritated but I already were some strong glasses that may have something to do with it. I just play with the 3D off now.

When I gave my prescription to the girl behind the counter she looked at the paper then back at me and said "Wow, you're blind"

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snake2 said:
playing with 3D on makes my eyes water and irritated but I already were some strong glasses that may have something to do with it. I just play with the 3D off now.

When I gave my prescription to the girl behind the counter she looked at the paper then back at me and said "Wow, you're blind"

off topic but LOL

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Skyrix said:
Ive seen it, its actualy amazing
Uh...did you even read the first post? Or just the topic title?

Anyway, the 3D effect doesn't bother me at all. My eyes dry up sometimes when I'm playing but maybe that's just because I stop blinking when playing
tongue.gif

EDIT: I'm near-sighted too. The 3D effect doesn't bother me when I'm wearing glasses or contacts.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't bother me, it just annoys me.
If that makes any sense.

I tend to turn it on randomly during a scene or something and go "lol...cute." and then turn it off and play the game some more.
EDIT: and i've kept it on for about an hour or two straight playing Streetfighter (I can't believe it's possible to play street fighter that long) and had no problems.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I love it, but I was an idiot once when I played it in 3D in a pitch black room. My eyes felt like someone was trying to pop them out of their socket
blink.gif
. other than that I've had no problems

Telal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've played for hours on end with no issues (Just as I've had none with 3D movies), in fact if anything I would say that my eyes seem to crave the 3D... When I turn on the 3DS to play my AK2i and see the menu items in 3D it depresses me and I end up not being able to play DS games because I want to play the 3D games.
The only thing I can complain about is the strangeness of things disappearing behind you into nothingness (Like in OoT when Link walks towards and then past a large tree and it just suddenly vanishes).
My wife on the other hand can't play with the 3D on, she says it's painful to try to see things in the foreground.
As a side note, wasn't there some study done by an eye institute that said people who have headaches and pain when viewing stereoscopic 3D have pre-existing eye conditions? I could have swore I read that online a month or so ago but I haven't been able to find it since then....

Thesolcity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
Skyrix said:

Anyway, the 3D effect doesn't bother me at all. My eyes dry up sometimes when I'm playing but maybe that's just because I stop blinking when playing
tongue.gif

EDIT: I'm near-sighted too. The 3D effect doesn't bother me when I'm wearing glasses or contacts.

I am near-sighted too, and my eyes get dry whilst playing video games. O.o

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thesolcity said:
bowser said:
Skyrix said:

tongue.gif

I am near-sighted too, and my eyes get dry whilst playing video games. O.o
Yeah I know what you mean. It's most probably because we're concentrating so hard on the game we forget to blink.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?