Thank you Gateway!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Eyesenish, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Eyesenish
    OP

Eyesenish GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    hi everyone i would just like to deticate this post to the gateway team to be the first ones to release a cart to run 3DS roms just got mine and it runs very well,seems like a bit of a pain when u read about it first but once i received mine and set it up i realized that its really easy and simple anyways congrats!

also does anyone know if these great little cartriges will be updated for future games as well or are they good for 4.5 and lower games only?

2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    You can already play future games with it. Games released for 5.1 works on Gateway 1.1 (which you should already have). Future releases after today? Only time will tell.

3. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Gateway has a firmware spoofer which allows you to play games with higher firmware. Currently theres only 1 Game above 4.5 (Mario and Luigi: Dream Team which is on 5.1) but it plays well. Only games with nand saving (animal crossing new leaf) cant play but they are working on it.

4. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Wrong. There's currently 7 games that require 5.1, and that's only counting the games that have been dumped. There's even more that haven't.

5. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Really? Thanks for correcting me. Still not choosing M.Charizard though...

6. Eyesenish
    OP

Eyesenish GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    ok cool sounds like good new to me ! thanks for the info and padeadstrian im on 1.2

7. keubibo

keubibo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2010