Hacking Test Sky3DS - Fast Online Game

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone recommend a [relatively] small game to use to test for online play? I've been using NES Remix and the 'local fastest times' but would like another that can quickly verify I've written everything correctly and won't get the error code that seems to come from chip IDs not matching.

Super Smash Bros makes sense, but I need a C2 Macronix manufacturer. Thanks in advance!

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either it's going to let you online or it's not going to.

Do you have a private header at least?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Changing the manufacturer of the chip and its model in the template is a matter of changing two bytes, four if you also change the EEPROM manufacturer, what's the issue? You don't "need" anything.

Reactions: cearp

Megaben99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changing the manufacturer of the chip and its model in the template is a matter of changing two bytes, four if you also change the EEPROM manufacturer, what's the issue? You don't "need" anything.
The private header I have came from a C2 cartridge, but when I try to apply it to SSB I can't go online with it. I've tried to add it with the [beautiful] Sky Army Knife ;) but was only able to get SSB to run offline. I get an error code when attempting to go online.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The private header I have came from a C2 cartridge, but when I try to apply it to SSB I can't go online with it. I've tried to add it with the [beautiful] Sky Army Knife ;) but was only able to get SSB to run offline. I get an error code when attempting to go online.

002-0102?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're only supposed to use the Unique ID from your dumped header, you shouldn't change anything else. If you're getting the error anyways, change the manufacturer and model bytes accordingly, you don't need another header dump, all you need is one.
Aren't there 3 chip manufacturers header ripped from one will only work with the same manufacturers?
The online identifier has nothing to do with the other values present in the header, it can be used with any game.

Megaben99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're only supposed to use the Unique ID from your dumped header, you shouldn't change anything else. If you're getting the error anyways, change the manufacturer and model bytes accordingly, you don't need another header dump, all you need is one.
The online identifier has nothing to do with the other values present in the header, it can be used with any game.
Okay, using Sky Army Knife I kept everything the same as the 'base template' (0409 version just downloaded from Sky3ds site). I seem to have a 'mystery' byte of 90, which wasn't available in the drop down so I manually entered it.

When I try to go online with Super Smash Bros, now I get a different error code 002-0120.

Megaben99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, using Sky Army Knife I kept everything the same as the 'base template' (0409 version just downloaded from Sky3ds site). I seem to have a 'mystery' byte of 90, which wasn't available in the drop down so I manually entered it.

When I try to go online with Super Smash Bros, now I get a different error code 002-0120.
OMG I'm an idiot - that's the error for "update your software." Updating now and attempting again.

Megaben99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And holy sh*t. I am online. Keeping everything exactly the same as the template and not updating the game was what I was doing wrong.

Thank you very much Foxi, for taking the time to reply to my post. You totally solved my problem.

Reactions: Foxi4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-