Gaming tennis games??

bRKcRE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, as the topic title suggests, im looking for tennis games. i have curently located copies of top spin 2, top spin 3, sega superstar tennis, and rafa nadal tennis, teh last of which i found too painful to play, and i havent tried the otehrs yet.. can anyone throw any more light on this topic for me? i have come across multiple japan only games with "Tennis no Oji-Sama" in the title, however, there is at least 4 or 5 of these titles, but i was unable to find relevant info on any of them.

thanks in advance for all help given..

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Rafa nadal tennis you found too painful to play? i can only assume becase of the graphics but in my opinion its the best of the very limited selection of tennis games on DS lol

i didnt realise there was top spin 2 but top spin 3 is terrible i did NOT like that game

Sega superstars tennis is good tho but it depends what your looking for because its a little un-realistic with all the curve balls and such but it IS fun to play

as for the japanese games. i too have seen these but from what info iv gathered on them. they are text heavy stories with tennis sidestorys i tried playing one of them but i didnt know what was going on coz of the ammount of text involved

i recommend playing sega superstars tennis tho if you havnt already.

bRKcRE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
turns out the top spin games aren't as bad as you say..top spin 2 especially is alot of fun. i also enjoyed the sega one, as i like the arcade style game play. as for rafa nadal's game, i really didn't like having to use the touch screen for everything, that was my only gripe..it otherwise seemed like a decent game, but i just couldnt get into it

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blainy said:
turns out the top spin games aren't as bad as you say..top spin 2 especially is alot of fun. i also enjoyed the sega one, as i like the arcade style game play. as for rafa nadal's game, i really didn't like having to use the touch screen for everything, that was my only gripe..it otherwise seemed like a decent game, but i just couldnt get into it

There's an option in the game to set it to use the d-pad and buttons instead of the touchscreen.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should give SuperStar Tennis another try. I think it released at a time when there were other games that won my attention, but I do remember the A.I. being a bit cheap.
unsure.gif

bRKcRE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
I should give SuperStar Tennis another try. I think it released at a time when there were other games that won my attention, but I do remember the A.I. being a bit cheap.
unsure.gif

thats probably my favorite of the lot that i tried, however, i am liking rafa nadal more now than i did before since i have found out i can use the dpad and buttons thanks to Rayder

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Tennis no Ouji-Sama: Crystal Drive (the first game) is a great tennis game if you can get past the japanese.

Although It's not pure, realistic tennis, it's anime-ish with special moves etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.