tennis games??

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by blainy, May 7, 2009.

1. blainy
    OP

blainy GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2008
    australia
    ok, as the topic title suggests, im looking for tennis games. i have curently located copies of top spin 2, top spin 3, sega superstar tennis, and rafa nadal tennis, teh last of which i found too painful to play, and i havent tried the otehrs yet.. can anyone throw any more light on this topic for me? i have come across multiple japan only games with "Tennis no Oji-Sama" in the title, however, there is at least 4 or 5 of these titles, but i was unable to find relevant info on any of them.

thanks in advance for all help given..

2. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Rafa nadal tennis you found too painful to play? i can only assume becase of the graphics but in my opinion its the best of the very limited selection of tennis games on DS lol

i didnt realise there was top spin 2 but top spin 3 is terrible i did NOT like that game

Sega superstars tennis is good tho but it depends what your looking for because its a little un-realistic with all the curve balls and such but it IS fun to play

as for the japanese games. i too have seen these but from what info iv gathered on them. they are text heavy stories with tennis sidestorys i tried playing one of them but i didnt know what was going on coz of the ammount of text involved

i recommend playing sega superstars tennis tho if you havnt already.

3. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    If you want to play a good portable tennis game, try out Mario Tennis on the GBC. Use lameboy to play it.

4. Sarvesh50

Sarvesh50 Aye!

Jul 7, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    top spin was nice

5. blainy
    OP

blainy GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2008
    australia
    turns out the top spin games aren't as bad as you say..top spin 2 especially is alot of fun. i also enjoyed the sega one, as i like the arcade style game play. as for rafa nadal's game, i really didn't like having to use the touch screen for everything, that was my only gripe..it otherwise seemed like a decent game, but i just couldnt get into it

6. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    There's an option in the game to set it to use the d-pad and buttons instead of the touchscreen.

7. Hisiru

Hisiru GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2008
    Brazil
    top spin 3 = for carrer mode (is very nice)
    sega superstar tennis = for something more arcade

8. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    I should give SuperStar Tennis another try. I think it released at a time when there were other games that won my attention, but I do remember the A.I. being a bit cheap. [​IMG]

9. blainy
    OP

blainy GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2008
    australia

thats probably my favorite of the lot that i tried, however, i am liking rafa nadal more now than i did before since i have found out i can use the dpad and buttons thanks to Rayder

10. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    Tennis no Ouji-Sama: Crystal Drive (the first game) is a great tennis game if you can get past the japanese.

Although It's not pure, realistic tennis, it's anime-ish with special moves etc.