tennis games??

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by blainy, May 7, 2009.

May 7, 2009

tennis games?? by blainy at 4:57 AM (1,180 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. blainy
    OP

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    ok, as the topic title suggests, im looking for tennis games. i have curently located copies of top spin 2, top spin 3, sega superstar tennis, and rafa nadal tennis, teh last of which i found too painful to play, and i havent tried the otehrs yet.. can anyone throw any more light on this topic for me? i have come across multiple japan only games with "Tennis no Oji-Sama" in the title, however, there is at least 4 or 5 of these titles, but i was unable to find relevant info on any of them.

thanks in advance for all help given..

2. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    Rafa nadal tennis you found too painful to play? i can only assume becase of the graphics but in my opinion its the best of the very limited selection of tennis games on DS lol

i didnt realise there was top spin 2 but top spin 3 is terrible i did NOT like that game

Sega superstars tennis is good tho but it depends what your looking for because its a little un-realistic with all the curve balls and such but it IS fun to play

as for the japanese games. i too have seen these but from what info iv gathered on them. they are text heavy stories with tennis sidestorys i tried playing one of them but i didnt know what was going on coz of the ammount of text involved

i recommend playing sega superstars tennis tho if you havnt already.

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    If you want to play a good portable tennis game, try out Mario Tennis on the GBC. Use lameboy to play it.

4. Sarvesh50

Member Sarvesh50 Aye!

Netherlands
    top spin was nice

5. blainy
    OP

Australia
    turns out the top spin games aren't as bad as you say..top spin 2 especially is alot of fun. i also enjoyed the sega one, as i like the arcade style game play. as for rafa nadal's game, i really didn't like having to use the touch screen for everything, that was my only gripe..it otherwise seemed like a decent game, but i just couldnt get into it

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    There's an option in the game to set it to use the d-pad and buttons instead of the touchscreen.

7. Hisiru

Member Hisiru GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    top spin 3 = for carrer mode (is very nice)
    sega superstar tennis = for something more arcade

8. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I should give SuperStar Tennis another try. I think it released at a time when there were other games that won my attention, but I do remember the A.I. being a bit cheap. [​IMG]

9. blainy
    OP

Australia

thats probably my favorite of the lot that i tried, however, i am liking rafa nadal more now than i did before since i have found out i can use the dpad and buttons thanks to Rayder

10. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Tennis no Ouji-Sama: Crystal Drive (the first game) is a great tennis game if you can get past the japanese.

Although It's not pure, realistic tennis, it's anime-ish with special moves etc.