Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
tempmaspackage.png
Tempmas 2009 Starting!
Compo orgy, everyone join the fiesta!
Dear members of GBAtemp, the GBAtemp staff is proud to present...

Tempmas 2009
Merry Tempmas everyone!

If you still remember it, last year's Tempmas was a time of joy in which we held one mini-competition every day. Well, the concept changes this year: we have decided to hold 4 super-competitions... at the same time! Each competition has its own theme: drawing, music, videos, writing... Everyone should be able to enter at least one! And if you want, you can even enter all 4 of them.

tempmas-santapic.gif
1. Graphic Competition
Theme: draw your own Tempmas Santa Claus or take a photo of one.
In this competition, we ask you to either take a photo of a GBAtempesque Santa Claus, or draw one. Feel free to interpret these instructions in any way you want, there's room for creative minds here! Photos may be photoshopped if necessary. Please send your entry as JPG files (no animated GIF allowed).

tempmas-song2.gif
2. Music Competition
Theme: compose your own Christmas song.
This competition is for musicians only! We would like you to compose a Christmas themed song, with lyrics that will need to include the word "GBAtemp" at least once. We're asking you to send an actual song here, not just lyrics! So please send your entry as an mp3 file, no other formats will be accepted.

tempmas-video.gif
3. Video Competition
Theme: record a video that you think best depicts the Christmas Spirit.
In this competition, we're expecting you to record a video about the Christmas Spirit. Again, there's room for creativity here, so feel free to express your imagination. One only rule here: the GBAtemp mascot or site name must be shown at least once in the video. Please upload the video to YouTube and send us the link; other video websites are not allowed.

tempmas-writing.gif
4. Poem/writing Competition
Theme: write a poem or story telling Santa Claus why you deserve your Christmas presents this year.
Pretty self-explanatory here. If you've been a good boy or girl, tell Santa Claus why and you might get one of those neat gifts listed below. Your text, whether it is a poem, short story, or any other form of text, must include GBAtemp in it somewhere. If you wrote song lyrics to enter the Music compo, you cannot enter your lyrics for this one too, you'll have to submit another entry. Please submit your entry as TXT file, no other format accepted.

How to submit my entry?
Send your entry by e-mail to tm.*@gbatemp.net, where * is to be replaced by the number of the competition you are submitting your entry to (1=graphics, 2=music, 3=video, 4=writing). You must send 1 e-mail per entry, each to the correct address. An e-mail containing multiple entries will be disregarded. You may only send one entry per competition, but you are allowed to enter all four competitions. Please include your GBAtemp member name in the email! If you don't, we will not be able to identify your account if you happen to be part of the winning entries.

How much time do I have?
You have two weeks from now: you must submit your entries before the 21st of December, 23:59 GMT. This will give the staff a couple of days to review all entries and pick the best of them by Christmas, as the results will be announced on December 25th in the traditional Merry Christmas topic.

Is there any prize to win?
Nope, th... oh wait, yes there are plenty! This year our partners have been struggling with each other to supply us with awesome gifts for our beloved tempers. For each of those competitions, we will offer:
  • 1st prize: a brand new Nintendo DS Lite console, with the flashcart of your choice!
  • 2nd to 5th prizes: a brand new M3i Zero + 4GB MicroSD bundle!
  • 6th to 10th prizes: a stylish DS/DSLite/DSi case or R4i adapter.
Please note that the prize list is subject to revision and might be updated in the future!

Massive thanks to our partner sites for sponsoring this awesome Tempmas competition orgy! Check these guys out if you're ever in the market for gaming accessories - iShopVideoGame, Gamezway, WikiNDS

discuss.png
 Discuss

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Merry tempmas! I look forward to seeing all the things you guys make! (I won't be participating as I have only a basic computer and no programming skills)

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely entering the music competition. One question though: Do the vocals have to be human, or can they be computer generated (No, I would not use a text-to-speech program, but rather LSDJ's speech fuction, since I'm doing my song in LSDJ). Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see all of the finished entries!

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well seeing as i am completely incapable of doing any of the first three, I think i'll try my luck at the writing. I should be able to write a nice poem or story, I just have to brainstorm first. Maybe I'll write an epic...

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh WOW! A DSL + flashcart for first place? Damn, that's a really nice prize!
This will be a lot harder than last year, but still fun nonetheless! Good luck to everyone who's entering and also thanks to GBAtemp for sponsoring this competition and the affiliates who helped out with prizes!

EDIT: Quick question! For the music contest, does rap count? Because technically, it doesn't really have a melody but usually counts as a music genre..

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
The prizes are extravagant luxury, the competition ideas are genius, and everyone who enters is an instant winner!

Good job! :yaypsp:

edit: wth where is my beloved yaypsp emote?

HUMBUG!
mad.gif

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
everything is allowed for the music category as long as its an MP3 and it has lyrics (no matter who or what sings/speaks them)
could be just rap with no instruments but bear in mind that the jury might not appreciate it much
tongue.gif
unless you got real talent I guess?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night