Not open for further replies.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish I could help out with the new tempcraft, but every time I log in, I fall through the map and into empty space because my connection is too slow and the map has yet to finish loading. If my internet was faster, I would play and help out. I used to be able to come onto classic all the time.

Download Spout, if for no reason other than the fact it loads the world THEN logs you into it (as opposed to the norm, throw you into the world and then load it). A crappy connection still wont really enjoy playing MC...but you might be able to wander around worlds with Spout.

EDIT: and btw, only 1 plugin was even needed to fix the entire mess.
Logblocks.
Find the intruders names...rollback to infinity, 0 damage to map, in under a minute.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've seen 12 year olds run better servers :blink:

you talking to me? I can run servers juuuust fine. and I'm 16 not 12 :P
here is my guide for being a random server admin:
1. Worry about protection plugins.
2. Get a bunch of very close friends and make them mods.
OPTIONAL: keep /socialspy on: griefers tend to whisper each other. thats how stupid they are.
OPTIONAL: ?????
3. PROFIT!

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Have it run by decent people. I have my own server with a dedicated 2gb of ram. But keep that private as I don't want it griefed. But the main issue is not keeping back-ups, I mean wtf? Anyway we should just make a new server.

Also is tempcraft cracked??

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
OPTIONAL: keep /socialspy on: griefers tend to whisper each other. thats how stupid they are.
3. PROFIT!

That's terrible advice, except for the first thing, which is obviously essential. We do have protection plugins, such as cuboid, LWC, etc. I had originally made a zone around spawn that was only accessible by trusted players and stuff, meaning we'd have to manually add their name to the zone.

...Then Jdbye removed it, in favor of rollbacks. See, he thinks if they can't grief spawn, they'll go grief somewhere else. Even if they do, it's better (Not that it's good) if they grief something else than the first thing players see when the join the server (Spawn). He did it in the old Creative world too...And it got griefed so bad he had to make a new world for it.

As for making close friends staff...That's a horrible idea. If I were looking to make someone staff, that LAST person I'd turn to is a close friend. People need to prove they're worthy of being staff...And that may take a while, which is why it's good to start a server small. We HAD a lot of active staff, but they all left when the server finally died last month.

If we ever do "restart" TempCraft (Under a different name of course, as TempCraft is usually associated with Jdbye, hence why the server is ruined now), we're going to build it up slowly, only have essential plugins, and maybe a few fun plugins here and there (Nothing extreme like mcMMO or anything). We're actually going to have it on a dedicated server, not Jd's server + his seedbox and everything else he has running on it.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I wish I could help out with the new tempcraft, but every time I log in, I fall through the map and into empty space because my connection is too slow and the map has yet to finish loading. If my internet was faster, I would play and help out. I used to be able to come onto classic all the time.

Download Spout, if for no reason other than the fact it loads the world THEN logs you into it (as opposed to the norm, throw you into the world and then load it). A crappy connection still wont really enjoy playing MC...but you might be able to wander around worlds with Spout.

EDIT: and btw, only 1 plugin was even needed to fix the entire mess.
Logblocks.
Find the intruders names...rollback to infinity, 0 damage to map, in under a minute.
LogBlocks is installed, and the player damage was all rolled back. The damage that can't be reversed is the damage that the server inflicted upon itself, it can't be rolled back (e.g. lava/water sources, cobblestone). All the members of the team are banned (bear in mind they did pretty much say what all the accounts they have). The client is also based off Spout's codebase, and there are some advanced ban methods available to us in doing so (we can ban by HWID for example). Please try thinking things through before you post, even Jdbye is not that incompetent.
He just chose to unzone all the important areas, such as the spawns.
I've seen 12 year olds run better servers :blink:

you talking to me? I can run servers juuuust fine. and I'm 16 not 12 :P
3. PROFIT!
I've run gameservers for two years now, I've got more experience than you. Please don't patronize me. I couldn't afford to keep TempCraft afloat, at the time it was running on hardware several times more expensive (and faster) than what this site runs on. The lease was several hundred pounds per month, and the sponsor backed out due to personal issues. I'm proud of the gains we made in that time, and it pains me to see/be involved with the current state of affairs.
Also is tempcraft cracked??
TempCraft is both cracked and legit, there is a complex system implemented - which while technically is nice, is impractical for actual usage.

Can a mod PLEASE close this topic? I really don't want to cover for all the mistakes that have been made here.

EDIT: I just wanted to point out that the last time I promoted a close friend to Admin, he ended up taking over the server and killing both it, and the bulk of our friendship in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night