Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
playallday said:
Little said:
Sigh, people will think i'm just saying this because they think I don't like the tempcast team (not true). Anyway, considering the nature of gbatemp (aka a lot of under 16s etc), I really do not think the level of swearing and sexual content in the tempcast is acceptable.
Really doesn't not represent gbatemp in a positive light. We have so many children on the site... the tempcast should at least have a warning saying not suitable for under 16s.
Well they did add a warning to it...
Yeah exactly!

The typical discussions we have in the playground are usually way way worse then whats on the tempcast, and besides im sure the kids on GBAtemp encounter much worse things daily on the internet then the swearing and stuff on here!

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hadrian said:
NOT REALLY FOR CHILDREN!
aww
frown.gif

That doesn't stop me from downloading it tho.

D

Deleted User

Here's a hint Tempcast Team. Take a look at the Homebrewcast RSS Feed and copy the XML to fix up yours. Also I would recommend set the 'itunes:explicit' tag to 'yes'.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenDev said:
Here's a hint Tempcast Team. Take a look at the Homebrewcast RSS Feed and copy the XML to fix up yours. Also I would recommend set the 'itunes:explicit' tag to 'yes'.
Someone else could do that, we just record and release the file.

Maybe Mr_Cow could perhaps, he is geeky and knows this right? After all he is suppose to be on the team.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I'll probably download this later sometime today, but first please fix the RSS feed (it only shows up to ep10 last time I checked)
Good for you Cockroachman
smile.gif
I hope I can appear someday on the TempCast (yeah, wishful thinking :/ )

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Listen, I've been telling everyone on the tempcast forum to update the RSS for over a week now. I edited it, someone just has to upload it. I've made a thread, I've posted in two. No one is listening.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hey so I listened to the whole cast, it was entertaining apart from the last ten minutes, which was really really bad (sorry).

It shouldnt have been released in that state in my opinion, just a waste of time, maybe if it had been re-recorded it would have been better, but as was, was pointless.

Sorry, just my opinion.
smile.gif

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
JPH said:
Hadrian said:
Yeah I agree.

Mthrnite did plan to have two versions, one clean and one uncut.
There's no need to have two different versions, really.
Just be less inappropriate - it's a gaming podcast, after all.
Yeah, Agreed
smile.gif

Although there are lots of young members here, even I could be counted as one(although I try to act mature, but apparently nobody falls for that
tongue.gif
) most of them have already seen much worse on the intarwebz
wink.gif

For example, last week, I was in my cousin's wedding, I was sitting with my 7 year old nephew for a while, and he said 'Finally that slut got married' and I was like "WTFBBQZOMG since when do kids talk like that?"

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
Cockroachman has a sexy voice
wub.gif

I've noticed the audio quality is pretty bad in this, though :/.
Well, yes I reckon that one is my fault, way too many sound processing and it's the first time I use the noise removal feature, considering the record volumes were a lot different that noise removal thing really didn't help at all, I did some normalization afterwards but that made things worse.
Still, with each time I'm learning some new stuff, just listen to our VVoltz&Hadrian pilot episode to hear my first ever sound editing.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! and keep the comments err... coming!

@Little: I agree, I think the *may contain blood and gore* advisory sign is appropriate.

I'll definitely try to keep the episodes less than an hour overall.
And Kudos to Cock!, I think he did a great job!, hell I was even more nervous in my first recording too! (and I'm still are each time).

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moozxy said:
Why is Spikey shouting?
frown.gif

I'm not shouting... really. :'( I just have a kickass mic that picks up sound REALLY well. And I got this mic because the mic I used for earlier podcasts picked up like nothing and made me sound quiet... just can't win...
hate2.gif

MR_COW said:
Listen, I've been telling everyone on the tempcast forum to update the RSS for over a week now. I edited it, someone just has to upload it. I've made a thread, I've posted in two. No one is listening.
Don't worry, I noticed. Only problem is that I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. The people who CAN don't seem to notice.
wacko.gif

And I hope people enjoy this episode despite me being back on.
smile.gif

EDIT:
QUOTE(CockroachMan @ Oct 12 2008, 05:46 AM)
You should consider the time to edit the tempcast, next time you're talking about upcoming games, talk about games coming out at least one month later..
I don't know if you recall or not, but I'm pretty sure we DID talk about these games about 1 month before they came out. And yet here some of them are... out...
rolleyes.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Spikey said:
Don't worry, I noticed. Only problem is that I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. The people who CAN don't seem to notice.
wacko.gif
The people who can are busy until next weekend.
tongue.gif

Anyway, guys, I'll be listening to this when I go to sleep tonight. Thanks again, hopefully you guys will be able to pop 'em out every week or so.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
JPH said:
Spikey said:
wacko.gif
The people who can are busy until next weekend.
tongue.gif

Anyway, guys, I'll be listening to this when I go to sleep tonight. Thanks again, hopefully you guys will be able to pop 'em out every week or so.
Every two weeks or so sounds more doable.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JPH said:
Just be less inappropriate - it's a gaming podcast, after all.
I'll stay off it then.

rolleyes.gif

Well I do agree that it should be cleaner, its nothing to do with offending people or being afraid to hurt the little kiddy winkles and its all me that does this filth and smut (though the unreleased 12th episode its all Mthrnite & Ace Gunman). I've tried to do this before but I had people pleading with me to not change, can't win huh?

Anyway for me going down to that level of humour is too easy and anyone can do it. We've got some plans for the next one, and though its gaming related we'll keep the news or whatever down otherwise we'll just bore people to death. The next episode I will be clean and if I can't do it without swearing or going down the toilet route then thats it for me.

And JPH: EVERY WEEK? Well thats up to the others but I have a life I can't possibly record more than once a month, especially with this kid of mine.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't really see any problem with the language in that one, I used to say worse things when I was 12.. and if you're younger than that.. you really shouldn't be here, your parents are really bad, kid
tongue.gif

Anyway, what's the big problem there? The hedgehog rape thing? Or the guy with "cock" in the name? I tried to play Bomberman online these days with the name "Cockroach" (CockroachMan wouldn't fit) and I got an error saying that my name wasn't appropriate
sleep.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi