Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
giratina16 said:
I hate it when people say "when the sun becomes a supernova" It's too small to become a supernova. It'll just expand then retract into a tiny little brown dwarf.
It still comes down to basically the same thing: the sun gets huge, sucks up a bunch of planets, then shrinks to be a brown dwarf.

I bet you just looked up the sun on Wikipedia and checked to see whether the supernova theory was correct or not.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why, most definitely, anyone arguing for the absurd notion that our planet will see 2013 is simply delusional, i tell you. By my highly complicated calculations (hogwash) I believe that by 2012, 134340 Pluto would have accumulated enough velocity to break free of it's ridiculously elliptical orbit and manage to hit us straight to the sun's core, thus eradicating our planet, it's inhabitants and of course, fully allowing the dejected former-planet sweet, sweet vengeance. You heard it here first.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ellie said:
giratina16 said:
I hate it when people say "when the sun becomes a supernova" It's too small to become a supernova. It'll just expand then retract into a tiny little brown dwarf.
It still comes down to basically the same thing: the sun gets huge, sucks up a bunch of planets, then shrinks to be a brown dwarf.

I bet you just looked up the sun on Wikipedia and checked to see whether the supernova theory was correct or not.
Actually no, I'm a bit of a space nerd. I have quite a few books about the solar system and the universe. I will admit I don't have a massive amount of knowledge on the universe but I'm learning. Who need Wikipedia when you've got a giant space book called "Cosmos".

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
giratina16 said:
Actually no, I'm a bit of a space nerd. I have quite a few books about the solar system and the universe. I will admit I don't have a massive amount of knowledge on the universe but I'm learning. Who need Wikipedia when you've got a giant space book called "Cosmos".
All right then, I believe you. Still, it doesn't matter whether the sun will become a supernova or a red giant.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ellie said:
giratina16 said:
All right then, I believe you. Still, it doesn't matter whether the sun will become a supernova or a red giant.
Exactly it's completely irrelevant. Either way the Earth shall be doomed, but that's in many many years to come.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's interesting when people say survivors of the human race will be wherever blah blah. It'll happen in billions of years, will we still be humans? I hope when we evolve we have wings 'cause walking sucks sometimes, although I'll be dead and buried by then.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not if we can invent something soon enough that makes us live forever (what with the discovery of that one gene and all).

It's probably already been invented but just not been made public yet so to cause no chaos/panic everywhere.

D

Deleted User

OP
Ellie said:
Not if we can invent something soon enough that makes us live forever (what with the discovery of that one gene and all).

It's probably already been invented but just not been made public yet so to cause no chaos/panic everywhere.
Just like the presence of aliens and suchlike.

so, what does everyone think? Will It BlEnd?

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Of course it won't. Just because those mayas couldn't calculate past that year (which, as has recently been discovered, was wrongly read and the calendar doesn't end till somewhere in the 2200's) doesm't mean the world will end in that year. They weren't psychics, they were either lazy or not as good at maths as we think. Or they were like "hmm, our people prolly won't even be around anymore by 2012."

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why would the freaking world end? There's no logic backing it up. Scientists or astrologist etc. havn't predicted ANYTHING whatsoever. It's just stupid people making these things up.

Also what is the point of making this the debate? Pretty much everyone has said no.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scott-105 said:
Why would the freaking world end? There's no logic backing it up. Scientists or astrologist etc. havn't predicted ANYTHING whatsoever. It's just stupid people making these things up.

Also what is the point of making this the debate? Pretty much everyone has said no.
'Cause there is probably a mega bible basher waiting for the divine moment to tell us all to repent and confess our sins or we shall burn when the great judgement comes. What a crock of s**t.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
giratina16 said:
Scott-105 said:

'Cause there is probably a mega bible basher waiting for the divine moment to tell us all to repent and confess our sins or we shall burn when the great judgement comes. What a crock of s**t.
You are now my best friend. You just made me
rofl2.gif
so bad.

D

Deleted User

OP
30 minutes left for what's left of this shredded 'debate'.

D

Deleted User

OP
Scott-105 said:
JetKun said:
I like your idea for Temp Debates. However, the topic you picked for this one is trash.
Suggest me a debate topic.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JetKun said:
Scott-105 said:
JetKun said:
I like your idea for Temp Debates. However, the topic you picked for this one is trash.
I just thought of this one on the top of my head: Will space be colonized?

D

Deleted User

OP
Scott-105 said:
JetKun said:
Scott-105 said:
JetKun said:
I just thought of this one on the top of my head: Will space be colonized?
Good one. I'll add that to the 8th debate.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
It really depends on what you would consider 'World' and how you interpret the question

If by 'World' you mean 'The Earth with its inhabitants.' - then IF some disaster happens ('Naturally' - e.g. an Asteroid hitting the planet, or 'Manmade' - e.g. Nuclear War) during 2012, which kills all life on the planet then the answer is 'Yes - the World would end'

However, if by your definition of 'World' is 'A celestial body such as a planet', then even if all life is destroyed - the actually planet would most probably exist (even in a mangled wreck) so technically the 'World' will still exist so the answer would be 'No....unless the disaster is the Sun going Supernova & disintegrates the planet to dust'

If however you are asking that 'something' will happen in 2012 that will achieve any of the above scenario's is very slim, so MY opinion on that is a '99.9% No'.

But since no-one can predict the future (even 'Nostradamus' predictions are vague anyway) & that the phase 'Anything can happen' IMHO is very appropriate in this situation - there may be that very slim chance, even at 0.000000001%, that 'something' does happen that will affect the whole world - maybe not necessarily 'end it' but will certainly 'change it'

Our star is not big enough to go supernova, it will simply expand, and yes turn our planet into dust, but i think it will remain as a white dwarf afterwars, just shedding the outer layers and leaving a white hot core exposed until its burned out.

2012 is nothing, another year. my destruction theory: since we are lined up with the galactic center, there is a supermassive black hold at the center. that black hole will radiate a gamma ray burst and nail the earth. hence the light that the prophecy describes and man choosing to be enlightened or be destroyed. if we see the gamma ray burst, man can join together and try to create some type of shield to protect the planet, but if we decide not to help each other, the planet is destroyed.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Demonbart said:
Of course it won't. Just because those mayas couldn't calculate past that year (which, as has recently been discovered, was wrongly read and the calendar doesn't end till somewhere in the 2200's) doesm't mean the world will end in that year. They weren't psychics, they were either lazy or not as good at maths as we think. Or they were like "hmm, our people prolly won't even be around anymore by 2012."

rofl2.gif
I DEFINITELY couldn't agree more!

That's what I was thinking. So WHAT if the 'mayan' calendar ends?
It was just a coincidence that the guy didn't feel like continuing the calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap