Gaming Tekken 3DS Tech Demo

Paranoid Mouse C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, the demo runs at 60fps with 3D enabled. Yay, a $40 fighter that isn't a quick port.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fIWIZQPtRs[/youtube]

z05pc.jpg

pHrUj.jpg

Rmr6P.jpg

pYwze.jpg

BN5ij.jpg

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It looks much better than DoA. Look at the bumps for the muscles, it's pretty fucking impressive.

Seriously, the last screenshot's model looks better than any shirtless MK 2011 model.

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
This looks great.
I haven't gotten DOA because I really don't like the character and I knew there'll be a Tekken game sometime.
Can't wait.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just remember... this is a tech demo... NOT an in-game demo. You can move the cameras around, but there is actually no game logic or anything else running... the system is only running the graphics through a series of scripted actions.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
Just remember... this is a tech demo... NOT an in-game demo. You can move the cameras around, but there is actually no game logic or anything else running... the system is only running the graphics through a series of scripted actions.
Sure, but from what they indicate in the interview, they believe this is a good indication of what the actual game will look like. I don't doubt them regardless, we know the 3DS can push some impressive visuals when a competent developer is behind the helm. Resident Evil Revelations still looks a good deal better in my opinion, and it's an actual game. I'm sure they could pull off this level of detail in the final game. 3DS should be up to the task.

Kaimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The character look better, but the environment doesn't look animated at all. But still, it's good that tekken also on 3DS. Can't wait to see the real gameplay footage of this games in the future.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hell those are the best graphics I've seen for a 3DS game, just look at it!!! o_o I hope they can continue this for the final product.

60FPS in 3D, I thought people said the 3DS had hardware limits...

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Tekken was great back in the day and yeah it looks alright but i still think DOA is much better game in terms of fighting mechanics. Iv played some of the newer tekkens and i really dont like the "stiff" control scheme anymore. fighting games have got alot smoother since tekken with games like SC and DOA and i think its somewhat behind the times unless they completely overhaul this games fighting style. (which they wont)

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
heartgold said:
60FPS in 3D, I thought people said the 3DS had hardware limits...

No, you do not gain extra power by turning off the 3D and the second GPU is only active in that mode, rather what happens is another matter. A Capcom gave to take and apply post processing effects (Motion Blur, MSAAx4, HDR ...) in their technical demonstration of the MT engine for 3DS, there is an explanation for which the yield drops to activate these effects and because it is not recommended use in 3D mode.

The reason is that in 2D mode to have 2MB buffers (18-bit triple buffering, Stencil Buffer of 8-bit and Z-Buffering of 24 bit) and 2MB for storing the geometry of the multitextured scene, in 3D mode we have the half available for each core. If we use the HDR, the MSAA and other purposes then the image does not fit the eDRAM and then have to move information at the main RAM, which runs at much lower access and therefore a higher latency, which results in a substantial loss of performance. The buffers in the eDRAM and geometry in the eDRAM take a certain number of cycles depending on instruction, but for access to these accesses RAM and performance bend down the middle.

Surely, in Capcom 2D mode you can assign much of the eDRAM free memory to postprocessing effects making them viable, but when you need a buffer for the two images and transfer to the main RAM then...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay