Hacking Homebrew Emulation Homebrew game TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector not working

Sheeba-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting the ??? error when I try to install a game on my Wii U using TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector. Any fix?

Sheeba-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

what game is it??

on which medium are you installing the game (Nand or USB)??

What a mistake ?
I am trying to install Sam & Max - Beyond Time and Space

I am trying to install it on the Nand

After it's done installing I go back to the Wii U menu and when I look at the game that was just installed it shows ??? and I don't wanna open it because the file is most likely corrupted.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This sounds like metadata corruption. Try exchanging the "&" with "and" (so it becomes "Sam and Max - Beyond Time and Space".

I am trying to install it on the Nand
A bit off-topic but this isn't a good idea. Flash has just a limitted number of writes and Nintendo tried to save costs (using MLC instead of SLC NAND) making it even weaker. Lastly the wear leveling algos used don't seem to be the best (like no cold data tracking). So my advise is to install nothing to NAND: Keep the NAND for the OS and games on USB. This will enhance the lifetime of your console.

Sheeba-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like metadata corruption. Try exchanging the "&" with "and" (so it becomes "Sam and Max - Beyond Time and Space".

A bit off-topic but this isn't a good idea. Flash has just a limitted number of writes and Nintendo tried to save costs (using MLC instead of SLC NAND) making it even weaker. Lastly the wear leveling algos used don't seem to be the best (like no cold data tracking). So my advise is to install nothing to NAND: Keep the NAND for the OS and games on USB. This will enhance the lifetime of your console.
Ok I will try it Right Now :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, this is most likely meta related. if something isn't right, like incorrect settings for the tga files or something is messed up with the name of the game in the meta.xml, three question marks will show, and iirc, the icon will be a question mark as well. you can fix this with ftp unless you want to reinstall.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U